Quantcast

A female specific shoes really different?

chrisJohn

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Fayetteville, AR
Bought a pair of female specific Northwave compacts from Sierra Traders a few months ago on closeout, just couldn't beat the price. Anyway, the fit is great but...I get some serious pain at the very start of my arch after awhile, nearly only when I ride road. Is this because the shoe is more flexible? Feels more so than the Nike Cairns I ride. Is it the "female" specific insole? Or am I just being weak?

I think if it fits, it doesn't matter - some people can wear shoes of the other sex, some cannot.

I myself found it impossible to fit into a man's shoe and hunted high and low for a women's specific shoe.

If your foot hurts, it could be the shoe, or it could be that your foot doesn't conform to the specs that manufacturer has deemed "women's foot."

bottom line: if it feels good, wear them. If not, get new ones.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
It might be no so much fit but a stiff sole that is not curved to your foot shape. Maybe an arch support is what you need?? Or take one out?? Race shoes are not really the most comfortable things out there. They need to fit close and they need to be stiff. Personally I thought NorthWaves were not that stiff. Maybe you need a stiffer shoe?? I do get sore feet from softer shoes. And I'm breaking in some new Sidi's right now and I'm messing with arch supports. My arches are hurting until I get them dialed.