Quantcast

a few house pics

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Been a while since I've posted house pics... and now that the front of the house is starting to look like something (the brick is mostly done, the lot is reasonably graded), I thought I'd post a few. I took these this morning before I left for work as the sun was coming up. The siding is actually a pretty bland (light tan), not that dirty pink like the pics show).

We are going to have th porch, front walk, and a 2-level retaining wall put in in about 3 weeks. Then we'll do a bit of landscaping and the front should start looking pretty good.

and the kitchen (the rest of the house needed to be picked up some before my wife would let me post pics)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Damn man, your house is really f'in nice. I love the brick work in the front. Interior looks very clean and I like the counter tops. Good thing the house is a tan and not that hideous pinkish color.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Lookin' good dude! Next monkeyfest at Jackson's house :D

We can have a crit up jackson's road. Douglas is not allowed to compete.

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
That kitchen is fly!!! But what is up with the stools? They're too high for the counter....you'd have to have twig legs to sit there. But regardless the house looks really, really nice.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
I agree, damn nice place :jealous: and I really like the idea of a dirt lawn, more riding time, less mowing time :thumb:
hehe... it's from the grading. We had "lawn" there a few days ago. With a riding mower it takes a little over 2 hours to do everythhing, and I have to mow once every other week or so.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
very nice. How about some pics of your view off your back porch. Looks like it would be nice.
I'll try to snap a few for ya... perhaps during a good thunderstorm or a nice sunset.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
Lookin' good dude! Next monkeyfest at Jackson's house :D

We can have a crit up jackson's road. Douglas is not allowed to compete.
I'd love to have monkey get together some time, but there's not much good mtb riding within 30 minutes or so of my house... lots of good pavement, but not much dirt.

I'll be the official time keeper - I'm not riding that crap. BTW, I could put together a nice 10-15 mile loop - soemwhere in the neighborhood of 3000' of climbing.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Senôr Lopez said:
That kitchen is fly!!! But what is up with the stools? They're too high for the counter....you'd have to have twig legs to sit there. But regardless the house looks really, really nice.
yea, we got the wrong ones and haven't gotten around to getting them exchanged yet. We got 30" high bar stools when we should have gotten 24" (or 36" vs 30", or something like that). We bought them about 6 months before the kitchen was done, so we just kinda guessed.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Well it looks like I am doing something very wrong in the job market??? I couldn't even imagine having a nice new place like that :(

For what it is worth, the place is beautiful. Congrats Jackson!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
SkaredShtles said:
Naw - we've got a few of 'em out here, too. We like to call them "McMansions" :D
Yeah, that's pretty much what they're like down there. They basically are the same external shell with a little variation inside. 2.1 mil for a home that looks nearly exactly the same as your neighbors....BAH!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
robdamanii said:
Yeah, that's pretty much what they're like down there. They basically are the same external shell with a little variation inside. 2.1 mil for a home that looks nearly exactly the same as your neighbors....BAH!
there's an old victorian for sale in Andover which is awesome...but it's $2.6 million...

http://re.boston.com/Sales/List_Listings.asp?RegionIds=3217&ST=MA

check the first listing. yow!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Wow...what a beautiful house. If I had that much chump change lying around...
Yeah I'd buy 2 houses 1/2 the size and make sure one of them was on some type of body of water....

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Wait until I post pics of my new(old) house. It is the antithesis to Jackson's casa. It passed inspection yesterday. I took 90 something photos as well.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
robdamanii said:
Wow...what a beautiful house. If I had that much chump change lying around...
heh...assuming you pony up the 520K for the 20% down, and factor in an estimate for property tax (woe is you if the assessed value comes even close to half of the sale price...), you will only have to kick in about 15K per month to cover yr mortgage.

i don't think leaves anything left over for top ramen...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
heh...assuming you pony up the 520K for the 20% down, and factor in an estimate for property tax (woe is you if the assessed value comes even close to half of the sale price...), you will only have to kick in about 15K per month to cover yr mortgage.

i don't think leaves anything left over for top ramen...
I could afford to make 2.5 monthly payments a year on that house if I didn't own a car.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
:) jackson.. awesome house... looks like its coming along very nicely.
the wife and I have been house hunting in Brooklyn, its insane what some people want for there houses here. I havent seen to much under $600,000 and they are tiny!!!! grrr its so frustrating..
how far is vestal from NYC???? :)