Quantcast

A few Monkies at Case Mt

splat

Nam I am
I was invited bt IAB to ride at Case Mt with him , MBC and MMcG this morning.

CAse Mt is located in CT. just North west of Hartford , it s a fun placeto ride . so I drove down to join them. wel it was HOT and HUMID!! 90 Degrees , 90 Percent humidity . when you go to the top of the Mountain you could not even see Hartford the haze was so bad.

Any way back to the ride.
shortly after we started we saw this little 6 Pointer , he'll make some on a nice trophy

MBC and IAB Riding along

MBC going down a steep

MMcG same steep ( that is the line I took )

IAB plays on Bridge

IAB come through the rocks where MMcG smashed his helmet , IAB reffered to it as McKill zone

MMcG coming through Clean , Helmet in tact .

Not sure who this is , But it was impressive, from the top this looked huge , from the bottom it looked huge , pictures just don't do it justice

Splish Splash

MBC rolls it ,

IAB wheelie's it .

Is OK MBC we are almost there !

by the end of the ride 12 miles in 4 hours in that Heat , we were spent. then we went and had Burgers :)

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
**** thats cool i live right there. my mom actually used to own that shack on manchester country club "9th hole stand"

J

JRB

Cool stuff. I got my bike back together last night and plan to ride it today.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
That was a fun ride! Hotter than hell but fun nonetheless!!

And Narlus - The Ted rocks! I love that bike. It's definitely a keeper and for me that's saying quite a bit! ;) :) :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Looks like good times. i had a sort of odd deer encounter on my ride yesterday.
To the trailhead we had to climb a fairly steep choppy benched single lane road cut out of the side of a ridge. My subie with careful driving can make it pretty good, anyways a doe hopped out in front of the car about 20 yards ahead of us. We spotted the fawn reversing direction and hopping back up and out of view on the top side. i stopped not wanting the doe to hop down off the side of the road and get separated from her baby. Both sides are pretty much sheer cliff and i knew both were pretty distressed. So we sat and watched mom wait for her baby, totally a nervous wreck. Her ears were all over the place listening to us, and trying to listen for where her baby was. It was interesting, but then it started getting old after 3 minutes or so.(i mean we had a ride to get to...) Finally baby bounded down effortlessly off the rocky steep cliff onto the road to join it's mom. We started toward them and they bounced around the corner of the road and about 100 yards ahead i saw them off the downside of the road about 10 yards below looking up at us, doing their standing still camouflauge trick.
Anyways didn't mean to blurb up your thread i just thought it was interesting.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Man was it hot yesterday. The outside thermometer in my car after the ride yesterday said 101. :dead: I'm thrilled that I can finally get us around a 12 mile loop at Case without getting (too) lost. :) WOO HOO! Methinks MBC and I will be riding there next Sunday...

OK, here are my pics. I only took 11.

Here are a few RARE Splat pics! Splat on some rocks. Splat did awesome for a guy who just over two months of being sick. Way to kick butt, Splat.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
He had his Element in the car - but chose the FSR - I think he was testing out the different rear end he put on the FSR - I think it was an old Big Hit rear end.

splat

Nam I am
Yup , Its that color! :)

Knuckles decided to remove all the decals a while back.

I decided on the FSR for A to test out the new rear End I just put on, replaced the chain/seat stays with a beefier one off of Big Hit . Plus, its rocky , bigger softer big , nice on the tushy.

A nd as MMcG said I had my Rocky Mt in hte car if I had any trouble with the rear end.

but just before we got back to the car . I did split my rear derailer cable housing turning the bike into a 3 speed

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
where exactly is case mountain/the trails there, ive heard of it and prolly been to it, but never rode there, if you guys wanna hook up for a ride sometime around nassahegon or case id love to go, but ill be limited to one gear for awhile

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
mxer338 said:
where exactly is case mountain/the trails there, ive heard of it and prolly been to it, but never rode there, if you guys wanna hook up for a ride sometime around nassahegon or case id love to go, but ill be limited to one gear for awhile
Case Mountain is in Manchester, CT - several different ways to get in to the trails there. I think all of them are off of exits on Rt. 384