Quantcast

a few notes from Deer Valley NCS

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
dhtahoe said:
Emily from Go- Ride is the hottest IMO!!! Also Tenille Smith, Dirty girl, Tara, Marla...
OK, no disrespect to Dirtygirl,but in regards any of the other girls, not just the ones listed above..

How "hot" would they really be if they didn't ride. IMO most/some/alot of these girls would rather date my sister, so when you see one that is into dudes we get a little crazy and start throwing around words like hot...now really? I'm not being disrespectful or rude I'm just wondering...

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Transcend said:
whitsell, another melissa from ny and a few fast as hell XC guys to boot. It wasn't RS, it was John Kemp.
There wasnt another Melisa from NY, but there was Courtney Strait who I think you are trying to refer to. She would smoke everyones split times at every race I went to and then proceed to crash her brains out at the bottom of every run.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
heikkihall said:
There wasnt another Melisa from NY, but there was Courtney Strait who I think you are trying to refer to. She would smoke everyones split times at every race I went to and then proceed to crash her brains out at the bottom of every run.
courtney, that's it. Ms Crash test dummy. Dunno why I was thinking Melissa...

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
ekozy39 said:
How "hot" would they really be if they didn't ride. IMO most/some/alot of these girls would rather date my sister, so when you see one that is into dudes we get a little crazy and start throwing around words like hot...now really? I'm not being disrespectful or rude I'm just wondering...
Easy buddy, easy. Choose your words carefully here, as I posted something like this once that got taken wrong, and was lambasted.
But to answer your question is that the general consensus with MTBers is that let's say you take an average girl, or a cute plain girl, if that girl rides a bike, then in the eyes of other MTBers she gets knocked into the "Hawt" category. Its fairly easy to see why.
You see two girls walking down the street with equal looks, you are going to be more attracted to the one that you have the most in common in with.
Some people do get a little carried away with the "hot" term, but hey, different strokes for different folks.

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
i wasn't even serious, but i like your answer. If anyone gets mad or feels the need to "lambast" me they should chill out.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Jeremy R said:
Easy buddy, easy. Choose your words carefully here, as I posted something like this once that got taken wrong, and was lambasted.
But to answer your question is that the general consensus with MTBers is that let's say you take an average girl, or a cute plain girl, if that girl rides a bike, then in the eyes of other MTBers she gets knocked into the "Hawt" category. Its fairly easy to see why.
You see two girls walking down the street with equal looks, you are going to be more attracted to the one that you have the most in common in with.
Some people do get a little carried away with the "hot" term, but hey, different strokes for different folks.
not me man, i avoid cycling chicks like they got the frickin plauge.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Jeremy R said:
chic in the camo shorts at Dark Mtn...HAWT...and I first saw her in street clothes...at the hotel...before she got on her bike. Granted...she's the exception, not the rule. :love:

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Nicole Grant was smoking...Pretty fast too.
She "burst" on to the scene at the naked crit in Vermont in the late 90's.
anyways didn't mean to hijack the thread...

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
ekozy39 said:
Nicole Grant was smoking...Pretty fast too.
She "burst" on to the scene at the naked crit in Vermont in the late 90's.
anyways didn't mean to hijack the thread...
she went to school here in atlanta for a bit
*drools*

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Just curious, what happened at deer valley? I was noticing in the full pro results that a lot of guys who are normally easily in the top 20 were pretty far behind a lot of guys who are much slower. Riffle, Houseman, Del Bosco, David K ect. I guess I have to read the post with the injury report again.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
my guess is that they all had off course excursions. When I raced it, there was only 1 way to make time and it sure didn't involving pedaling or making turns. It was to just let go of the brakes and hope you made the next section. The ruts and rocks were so deep that pedaling wasn't much of an option after the first 50 yards and the only way to gain speed was to not touch the brakes and try to carry speed into the blast rock and up over and through them.

Cranking on the pedals wasn't an option.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
bizutch said:
my guess is that they all had off course excursions. When I raced it, there was only 1 way to make time and it sure didn't involving pedaling or making turns. It was to just let go of the brakes and hope you made the next section. The ruts and rocks were so deep that pedaling wasn't much of an option after the first 50 yards and the only way to gain speed was to not touch the brakes and try to carry speed into the blast rock and up over and through them.

Cranking on the pedals wasn't an option.
Agreed There were a few sections where cranking could help but not many. It was def all about who could stay the fastest without crashing. The only time you could pedal was across the sorta flat ski runs but u usually had tons of speed anyway. Textbook DH course IMO. It was better then the Angelfire WC track cuz it was steeper and not as long. I enjoy long courses but by race day my hands and arms were GONE at AngelFire. At DV i stayed fresh the whole time and prb took more practice runs then anyone there so I could be a shoe in for the practice victory. I was the uncrowned practice champ.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Pegboy said:
Just curious, what happened at deer valley? I was noticing in the full pro results that a lot of guys who are normally easily in the top 20 were pretty far behind a lot of guys who are much slower. Riffle, Houseman, Del Bosco, David K ect. I guess I have to read the post with the injury report again.

Riffle had a broken finger from a crash, Pretty sure Houseman when down in his run, he looked pretty hurt after the finishline and the medics were talking to him. I heard David K and DelBosco went down. From my experience on the course it was pretty easy to end up on the ground, it seemed like most people I talked too had at least one major crash in practice or their race run. It was pretty hard on bikes and Der too, lots of people flatting and ripping deraillers off.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
biker3 said:
Agreed There were a few sections where cranking could help but not many. It was def all about who could stay the fastest without crashing. The only time you could pedal was across the sorta flat ski runs but u usually had tons of speed anyway. Textbook DH course IMO. It was better then the Angelfire WC track cuz it was steeper and not as long. I enjoy long courses but by race day my hands and arms were GONE at AngelFire. At DV i stayed fresh the whole time and prb took more practice runs then anyone there so I could be a shoe in for the practice victory. I was the uncrowned practice champ.
WTF no pedaling? I pedaled a ton on the course! After the waterfall thing, before the waterfall thing, across the field before the spin cycle, down that g out, on the flat up to the drop, and accross the finish line all saw tons of pedalage. It wasn't Sea Otter pedaling, but it was still pedaling. The best way to take Barney Rubble was definitely no brakes... I dunno about you, but my race run was super fun! Only crashed once and still rolled a 3:09. Too many people getting in the way during practice. 84 Semi pro's were racing!

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
bikenweed said:
Only crashed once and still rolled a 3:09. Too many people getting in the way during practice. 84 Semi pro's were racing!
Good job.
That's fast.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Many...MANY injuries. Scary fast with mad tech skills. My kind of course. Too bad I got taken out. Fun place to ride for sure. Doug Dalton got 100 stitches on his jaw!!!! I fractured my femur. Kirkaldie got taken out. It was just hairbrain.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Heath Sherratt said:
Many...MANY injuries. Scary fast with mad tech skills. My kind of course. Too bad I got taken out. Fun place to ride for sure. Doug Dalton got 100 stitches on his jaw!!!! I fractured my femur. Kirkaldie got taken out. It was just hairbrain.

Was Doug the guy that went down hard at the finish line?

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
Heath Sherratt said:
Many...MANY injuries. Scary fast with mad tech skills. My kind of course. Too bad I got taken out.
DAMN HEATH, fractured femur...terrible. There were quite a few DNS's at the gate and we all knew they weren't just sleeping in... You've got some bad mojo to shake off; maybe find yourself a more merciful god. Anyways, drink yer milk and get better. Or just pop in a Ti femur and met me in Idaho. I hear they'll save you almost a pound over stock. :evil:

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
Heath Sherratt said:
Ouch dude! You get rodded? I've still got a rod in my femur from 2 years ago and it ain't slowed me down a bit :D Those fockers hurt tho...yeesh.

There were so many wrecks it was ridiculous. Not sure who the pro lady I saw do the full front flip off waterfall was, but it was the most spectactular crash by far...full flip, body and bike into the fence, punched a huge hole in the fencing. Everyone thought she was dead, then hopped up and took off like nothing happened. Unbelievable.

altagirl--nice write-up, why not post that at TGR?? ;)

altagirl

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Utah
Summit said:
Ouch dude! You get rodded? I've still got a rod in my femur from 2 years ago and it ain't slowed me down a bit :D
No kidding! So why aren't you racing? ;)

Summit said:
altagirl--nice write-up, why not post that at TGR?? ;)
Heh - I feel like I'm repeating myself - so I just put bits and pieces in the existing threads over there...

You riding tonight? Stump and I are going to PC for an XC ride. And then tomorrow night Craig and I are meeting some friends to ride up at Snowbasin. I forget what your travel schedule is...