Quantcast

A Few Of Us are going to Sugar on Sunday.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
A Few Of Us are going to Sugar on Sunday if the weather holds out. Just want to see if anyone else is gooing or wants to meet us up there. Before any of you Windrock guys say anything about us not coming up there, we do plan to come up soon for two days. Maybe after the next Snowshoe race.

So anyone is welcome to come out a play. I will be taking a lot of pictures and maybe video some that day.

Cecil

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
FCLinder said:
Before any of you Windrock guys say anything about us not coming up there, we do plan to come up soon for two days. Maybe after the next Snowshoe race.
Cecil
Don't sweat it, Windrock is no good and way played out. I heard that the trails are really lame now due to the increased coal mining on that side on the mountain.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
spoke80 said:
Don't sweat it, Windrock is no good and way played out. I heard that the trails are really lame now due to the increased coal mining on that side on the mountain.

Too funny!!!! Like I have never been there before.. Windrock is DOPE and one of the best places in the South East to ride.

I hope you Windrock guys heads don't swell to much on that one. Ha HA!!!

See you up there soon.

Cecil

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
mfzbike said:
when havn't the trails been lame???
always puttin dents in my wheels....and that guy Joey what a dick!
Totally, those guys think they're so hot stuff. Last time I was there I was all like where's the beef and all I got was my salad tossed.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
FCLinder said:
Too funny!!!! Like I have never been there before.. Windrock is DOPE and one of the best places in the South East to ride.
Yeah, its pretty much the exact same place when you saw it last in 2003. Nothing has changed.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
my arrogant big mouth finally got us kicked out of there.

i guess all my critics are right after all. :D

(i'll shape whatever dirt they laid down for us saturday morning)

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
dhbuilder said:
yeah.
we kind of stole cecil's thread didn't we ?

are you healthy yet ?
almost. I think I'm about two weeks out from trailriding. Over a month before I want to race again...make sure it's 110% and all. :)

profro said:
I hope Sugar was good, because Windrock sucked today.
Sugar wasn't bad. That dam lift takes 40 minutes to get to the top now:bomb: . Was there from 10:30 - 4 and only got 6 runs in:angry: If the Rock wasn't a five hour trip I would have come out there. Was a little slick this morning, but started drying up some(under the lift) by late in the afternoon.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
in 40 minutes, you can knock down three runs at the rock.
on three different trails. :sneaky:

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
jonnynails said:
Sugar wasn't bad. That dam lift takes 40 minutes to get to the top now:bomb: . Was there from 10:30 - 4 and only got 6 runs in:angry: If the Rock wasn't a five hour trip I would have come out there. Was a little slick this morning, but started drying up some(under the lift) by late in the afternoon.
Were any of the expert sections of the new course blocked or was it 100% fair game?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Hopefully Sugar will get on board with a lot of other ski resorts and step-up with a better mtb program. The fact that they hosted a national is a step in the right direction. One day, we will have a mtb park with a fast lift in our backyard.

Jun 11, 2004
dhbuilder said:
in 40 minutes, you can knock down three runs at the rock.
on three different trails. :sneaky:
Yeah.........mistake going to Sugar today. I thought the lift ride there was only 20 minutes. Wrong. The riding wasn't bad though.

The rock is next! Now that I only live 3 hours +/- away I need to get up there more often!

I got Andy coming up next month for Snow Shoe/Monster Park............hopefully I can get him back one more time for the rock!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Yes, DD is right. I don't remember that thing being that damn slow. :nopity: :nopity: We took a nap every time we went up on it. Don't think I will be going there until next race. Even if Sugar steps up and builds a lot of fun trails, they will not have any bikers coming unless they step up on the lift. We will be up at the rock right after Snowshoe.

Cecil