Quantcast

A few pic's of Wood Dawg and myself on Torrey Ridge

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Here's a few pic's from yesterdays ride. We put in a solid 14+ miles and had a blast. There were some sections that would have made for some excellent photo's, especially the insanse descent down the second blue loop drop down to the creek by the ranger station, but we were running too low on time to take anymore shots. The rock gardens up there can get out of hand and are a fun challenge to try and negotiate. They will leave you feeling battered however :rofl:

Attachments

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Torrey Ridge is one of the main ridgelines at Sherando Lake/Big Levels area. This is my local riding spot and it is located off I-64 just south of Waynesboro. About a 2 hr. drive from VT.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Legs are a bit soar today after doing those sprints and stuff wednesday and that ride yesterday. RM has a limit of 5 pic's uploaded per post, so I took the best 5. :)

Oh, and i'll respond to that PM when I am NOT at work ;)

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Torrey ridge had a lot of up and down.... seemed like more up though. We didn't even see any full on down trails untill the end and it was really steep and rocky. Of course we we running out of time and had to take a short cut on the 2nd blue loop trail and it was more of a challenge going down that sucker then any of the climbing.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
That might have been me. Do you live next to Steve?

Looks like I'm out of the meltdown, I just found out my derailer hangers won't be here until NEXT Tuesday :(

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
mud'n'sweat said:
That might have been me. Do you live next to Steve?

Looks like I'm out of the meltdown, I just found out my derailer hangers won't be here until NEXT Tuesday :(

Aw crap Rich! That bites! So much for our weekend ride at sherando unless you want to rebuild the fuji

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Screw it, I'll ride Sherando with it. I just don't see the point in racing with only my lower 4 gears at my disposal.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
BIRDMAN111 said:
err not fun. they just need to make one universal derailleur hanger so theyd be cheaper and waaayyyy easier to find.
Agreed, but that would just be waaaaay to easy and not enough of a money maker for the manufacturers.