Quantcast

A few pics

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Since i'm injured and done for the season i'm going to be concentrating on my photography.

Opinions appreciated

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
RE: #2 For an injured guy you sure seem pretty good at climbing trees. ;)

Nice shots of 495. The light looks great. You got any more from Massanutten?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I have a few from massanutten but nothing great only took pics for the last 20 mins of practice. The one in the tree was pre injury. I dont think ill be climbing much now.

Thanks for the comments!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
mobius said:
I have a few from massanutten but nothing great only took pics for the last 20 mins of practice. The one in the tree was pre injury. I dont think ill be climbing much now.

Thanks for the comments!
I really like #2. What the hell happened to put you out for the season already??

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Drifted off the course at the usopen going way to fast. Flew down the hill and all my momentum went into my hand. 1 plate 4 pins on the growth plate of my index finger. Shattered the bone so im out 2 mos but dont know if im going to race or not when i can ride.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I'm down with #2. Great composition, fantastic angle. Very unusual compared to other Dj pics. Almost seems like you could up the contrast and saturation to make it a bit more punchy and moody.

The reading one is clear and technically great, but I would have preferred to see more motion in the tires (slow shutter speed). I blew half of my shots from the Open by not getting slow enough.

Not a fan of the lighting or subject really in #1, but that's just me. Great stuff!

Sorry to hear about the hand, where did you go off course?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Jumps are outside DC.

Flew off course after the long road section when it has the slab you go down then the swooping down left turn. I hit the huge boulder on the right.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
mobius said:
Jumps are outside DC.

Flew off course after the long road section when it has the slab you go down then the swooping down left turn. I hit the huge boulder on the right.
Oh crap. When i walked it with Sven we discussed how someone was definetly going to get taken out by that. Sorry to hear you were "that guy".

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Hah yeah. I just got greedy after pinning it through the rock gardens and passing 2 people. Karma...

Where can i see some of your open shots i'd like to check em out.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Sure..i don't want to cock up your thread though.

The stuff i have posted so far is at http://www.transcendmagazine.com/gallery/USopen

Nothing super fancy and gallery seems to destroy the compression on my pics when it watermarks them. I need to do something about that.

I will be adding more as I seal up the commercial sales this week. Had to keep a lot of the good stuff aside to try and sell it.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
#1 conflicts with the tree's lighting is dull.

#2 is awesome

#3 looks like he's buried in rock

All 3 are really good in my book, playin with camera's is pretty fun. Hope you heal up good.:)