Quantcast

A few pictures that I just took, pool table shots

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I just decided to take my camera to my friend's house and try to get some good shots, becasue he just got a new light installed and I like how the new lighting looks. Anyway, let me know what you think. :)

That last one I just took for fun. :D

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Transcend said:
Those first 2 needed WAY more light..probably at least 1.5 stops.
That would have been too much, and I didnt edit the pics at all to make them brighter yet. I'll try again sometime. But it like the effect of the first one, only seeing the balls and nothing else.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The effect on the last one is neat, but the computer chair/desk/etc in the background really detracts from it. Even a big piece of cardboard or a solid color blanket would help there. A cool picture nonetheless.

The first two, as Transcend said, are way underexposed... brightening pictures only goes so far, and it will really hurt your color, not to mention bringing out a lot of noise. I'd say his guess of 1.5 stops is probably right on.

If you didn't want them bright because you wanted to keep the shadow effect in the first picture (that is, a black background), you could try taking two exposures and blending them in photoshop. It's a fairly easy technique to experiment with - Google has loads of help on the subject.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
I'll take my camera over to his house again on saturday maybe and try agian, I want to get another shots of the crack from a top view with a tripod. When I was there I only had about 3 minutes, so I was hurrying and I actually only took 6 pictures. :rolleyes:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
dwaugh said:
I want the crack from a top view with a tripod. When I was there I only had about 3 minutes, so I was hurrying
This sounds strange since you went to your buddies house to see his balls.

:think:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
wish i had a scanner. i had some shots that i did at a pool hall at a tournament with black and white film that were very nice. good stuff though you are certainly beginning to get a grasp on the photo thing.

sinisteridge

Monkey
Jan 22, 2006
holden it down in h20 town`
yeah open up the stop atleast 1.5. it looks cool but you jsut cant see anything, i am a sucker for dark pics but that is just to dark. they might look kinda dope in b&w. if you were using a film and were devoloping it you could use like a 2 filter to get a sick effect with the frist two.

anyways, nice

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
sinisteridge said:
yeah open up the stop atleast 1.5. it looks cool but you jsut cant see anything, i am a sucker for dark pics but that is just to dark. they might look kinda dope in b&w. if you were using a film and were devoloping it you could use like a 2 filter to get a sick effect with the frist two.

anyways, nice
1.5 may be a little much wit hthe glare spots. although it could use some light people must factor in variances between monitor settings, makes and types.

sinisteridge

Monkey
Jan 22, 2006
holden it down in h20 town`
biggins said:
1.5 may be a little much wit hthe glare spots. although it could use some light people must factor in variances between monitor settings, makes and types.

ehhhh, it may be a bit to much but not that much. personaly i wouldnt have used a digi cam and i would have printed it. but he didnt. the buety of printing is that if the pic is a bit dark in the negative, you can lighten it up with the enlarger. i love photo, its the ****. and if you used a 2 filter the glar spots would be so light and pretty and the rest would be all dark and nice. convert it to B&W and then post um up again, i wanna see wat they look like.