Quantcast

a few ride pics

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Had a couple of good rides this weekend... one was kind of an exploration ride - spent about 2 hours checking out some new trails just down the road from my house. Wasn't a very serious ride, so I took the camera along with me. The woods were pretty thick, so the pics turned out very dark. I adjusted them as best I could, but lost a bit of quality.

Click the thumbnails for bigger pics.

A couple of stream crossings...

A random old chimney - might be a good spot to camp.

A nice sequence...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
splat said:
The who was taking the Pics ?
My camera has a timer... place the cam, set the timer, run like hell back to my bike and ride towards the camera.

Stupid? yes, but it wasn't a serious ride and it's the only way I can get any decent pics of me riding - 95% of my rides are solo.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Cool pics, Jackson. It must be nice having trails within riding distance of your house. Supposedly there are trails 3 or 4 miles from my house. I've got to go check them out.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
Cool pics, Jackson.
It is very nice, especially as the days get shorter. They are close enough to home that squeezing in a ride after work ins't a problem. Now I just need to find out who's doing most of the trail work down there. They are my new "home trails", so I want to get in the loop for doing trail maintenance and such.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
Cool man, it never occurred to me to use the timer on my camera like that :D
It's kinda dumb, but it works. And it's only worth doing on a not-so-serious ride. I wouldn't interrupt the flow on a good ride just for some half-assed pictures.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
JSB said:
I'm assuming you carry a tripod with as well?
Cool pic.

Nope, no tripod for me. If there isn't an obvious place to put the camera (i.e. a tree stump or the like), I won't stop - I'd rather keep riding.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
jacksonpt said:
Cool pic.

Nope, no tripod for me. If there isn't an obvious place to put the camera (i.e. a tree stump or the like), I won't stop - I'd rather keep riding.

Thanks...I took that because it was the biggest hill at the trail. I wish we had more down here.

Really. Your pictures always look like some one is taking it, or you have a tripod. I wish I had a helmet cam. I'd like to catch some while riding.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I've only got a couple of pictures of me that were actually taken by someone. The rest were taken with the camera on the gound using the timer.