Quantcast

A Few Riding Shots From Today

Matteo

Chimp
Mar 17, 2006
Kirkland, Washington
I went out with my girlfriend today to try out the new flash I just picked up. As soon as we got there it started snowing pretty hard so we only ended up getting a few shots. This is the first time I have ever worked with a flash so I think the results are pretty good. My girlfriend snapped all the photos and that is me riding. Let me know what you all think.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Your girlfriend rocks to be standing in the snow takin' pix of you riding. She's a keeper. ;)

Nice pics to boot.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
great photos

the first pic looks like it could be a cover shot from DIRT Mag or defenitly would be the job for xmas cards if they send them out.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Before you use the flash again see if you can set your camera and flash to "rear curtain sync" or "second curtain sync". The ghosting/blur will trail behind the rider (adding to the sensation of speed), instead of being in front of the rider and looking weird.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Before you use the flash again see if you can set your camera and flash to "rear curtain sync" or "second curtain sync". The ghosting/blur will trail behind the rider (adding to the sensation of speed), instead of being in front of the rider and looking weird.
Crap! That first shot is awesome! Seriously good! I love the snow frozen in the air.

I actually like it better without the blur. Judging from his position and the placement of the bike it looks like hes ripping. It would detract from the general crispness of the photo to blur it.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
:clapping: nice shots matteo. deffinatly enjoyed them at 3:15 in the morn. its also nice to see other riders out enjoying the wonderful cold weather and snow.