Quantcast

A few Sedona pics from today

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
We went up to Sedona today for a short ride. A good part of the group had been out riding there most of the day yesterday so they weren't too excited about setting any distance records. All met at the Bike and Bean, what a cool shop. I need to pick up a t-shirt there next time. We rode some of the area in the northwestern section of the trail system there. Rocky washes, some good climbs, mostly up and downs and a lot of loose stuff. Happy to report no gore pics this week. The day ended with some excellent, extremely hot Thai food and the drive back to Phoenix was without any sort of traffic backup (bonus!).

Wash crossing

Another wash

A section of Sedona single track

Another vista

Preparing for a climb

Enjoying the scenery

What in the holy hell are you eating?

Down the trail

Loungers!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I lived in Sedona for about a year. I have extended family there still. I can clean most of those washes. :)

The trails there are awesome, there truly is pretty much something for everyone. In a year I still didn't ride close to all the trails. Great photos!

Did you stop by Mountain Bike Heaven? Overpriced but the cooler locals hang out there and they have decent dirt jumps out the back.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Trainwreck said:
The day ended with some excellent, extremely hot Thai food and the drive back to Phoenix was without any sort of traffic backup (bonus!).
Wow, That IS a bonus! Is the junction on the I-17 free of roadworks yet? That always used to piss me off.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
The best price vs. quality place to eat in Sedona is the Oak Creek Brewery. Pretty good beer and great French onion soup! There are loads of really expensive restaurants in Sedona, some of which are REALLY good (not all) but OCB has good food and above average beer for a good price. I went there enough times to know most of the staff.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Changleen said:
I lived in Sedona for about a year. I have extended family there still. I can clean most of those washes. :)

The trails there are awesome, there truly is pretty much something for everyone. In a year I still didn't ride close to all the trails. Great photos!

Did you stop by Mountain Bike Heaven? Overpriced but the cooler locals hang out there and they have decent dirt jumps out the back.
We drove by but didn't stop. As usual with this group, food took precedence.

There is currently no construction on I-17 but they manage to build a "master community" or two up by New River which clogs everything going north or south when you get close to Phoenix on any given day of the week. The term freeway is a true oxymoron.

If you can clean those washes you're far better than me. The guy in our group with the 7" Yeti didn't seem to have too much trouble...