Quantcast

A few things fixed...

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Todd: Jehn and I hiked up and took out that tree that you and I almost hit our heads on. A $15 saw from Home Depot did the job. We patched up that bridge we worked on yesterday. Screws and nails did it just right.

We also patched up another bridge we found. Kicked a lot of spoke/derailleur eating twigs out of the trail. And lastly, we cleaned up some logs to roll over and removed some branches to make sure no one poked their eyes out.

It was a good day. 4 hours of hiking, sawing, cleaning, hammering, and screwing... :brows: ... no no no... with a screwdriver/drill you perverts!

From the pictures, you'd think I made the wife do all the hard work, but I just needed evidence to prove to her in the future that nature/hiking isn't bad, and trail work can be fun!

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
Thanks for that contribution to the trails. I have been eying that same tree for weeks. I can't believe nobody has lost their head on it yet. I'm a loser for not being out there to help, but circumstances were not conducive today.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Scott, it was good seeing you out there, man. Random, too. And it made my legs hurt to see you'd be riding your V-10 up most of those trails. Ugh...

Todd, no worries man. We made it happen. Maybe in a few weeks we'll get back out there. I'm just keeping all of my tools in my big backpack so next time I can just grab them and head out for some hiking. There's some stuff on Chup that needs some serious work.

Icantdrive65... not too sure if we've met yet, but no worries man. That tree almost took my neck on Saturday, so I knew that it needed to come down.

Brian... I figure the medical industry would charge me at least $1,500 for a colostomy bag... why not just use my Camelbak? I mean, I use Dial soap to clean it out before I drink out of it. :D

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
Icantdrive65... not too sure if we've met yet, but no worries man. That tree almost took my neck on Saturday, so I knew that it needed to come down.
I don't think we have met, but I always feel a responsibility to help work on the trails that I ride often. I do my own renegade work sometimes, especially after a storm.