Quantcast

a forum, just a forum for freeriders only

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Why go to another site when RM includes everything? I dont go for discrimination, I freeride and XC ride and not one is better than the other... I know that many freeride only people make fun of XC'ers for no reason.

The first think I learned about web design is that the writing should be comfortable to read.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
just what the world needs, another phpbb site. :dead: . i see that jbp has signed up there tho :think:

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
OUCH MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

How could you......

Oh yea.....and its always good to spam a different site on your first post.
:mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
well, at least you admitted RM is a killer site. but you still get :stosh: for spam on the first post. and a word of advice: the colors you've chosen will do nothing but keep your traffic and bandwidth costs low. change 'em.

every time i hear people talk about freeriding as though it's some sort of specialized riding, i think of this Rocky Mountain ad in Mountain Bike a few years back. it was directed at Cannondale, mocking them for their litigous attitude towards use of the word freeride. they asked if they could use variations on the word such as Reef Ride (common among surfers), Fire Deer (a common term among hunters), free rides, ride free, etc. anyone else remember this, or am i the only dork who remembers print ads from over 5 years ago?

Mumbles

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
squarewheels said:
anyone else remember this, or am i the only dork who remembers print ads from over 5 years ago?
nope, you're the only dork ;) (check yer PM's in about 2 minutes... i totally forgot to respond to your PM from a while ago...)

as for the site... OW. very.. bright. and i dont think i saw one original logo -- while cute, it's fairly unprofessional.. just my $0.02

YETI187

Chimp
Nov 28, 2003
i'm a MAsshole!!!
horrible layout. not good. it's a bad attempt at hcor.net. hcor.net seems to have a bit more specified forums on the aspects of freeriding, but not much, if any, on xc or anything else.
pink bike = eh, not as interesting
mtbr = little bit better, more reliable
local riding board (nemba.org) = good local stuff
ridemonkey = good stuff but dh forum seems to be the catch all for other topics that should be put in ohter forums that don't get as much attention as dh
hcor.net = more dedicated to freeriding specifics
bustedpsoke = good local stuff, better than nemba forum

don't really check many other forums. just a few specific ones occasionally. i've checked a few roadie/touring forums and frame building forums while i was heavily considering get a road bike of sorts

ridemonkey :thumb: :monkey: :dancing:

Sep 29, 2004
i dunno, maybe its jsut me, but the word "freeride" is getting so annoying now... i "freeride" and all but it seems like everybody "freerides" nowadays... i mean it seems like anyone can just say theyre a "freerider".... FREERIDE!

Sep 29, 2004
i mean, the most annoying part aobut this is "freeriders" nowadays look down on cross counrty riders or roadies as if theyre cooloer than them, when most of the xc riders and roadies have ridden longer and are more epxerienced than these "freeriders".

now im in no way smasing on freeriding, its sick and its fun, but it seems like theres a new crowd, theyre not the core riders, but they adopt they adopt the "im better than u bc im young and edgy" attitude. take for example the "for freeriders only", its kind of harsh isnt it. how about a fr specific forum for people who enjoy the sport? eh? any followers?

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Back in the day we called "freeriding" mountain biking. We didnt feel a need to give those with superior technical skills their own special name. Freeriding means nothing and doesnt exist. If you are a "freerider" you are just a rider, unless you are just a hucker, in which case you dont even get to be a rider.

I'm feeling militant today.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
the real question here is not about the colors or the content or the meaning of freeride. the real question is can i post pics of girl booties and boobs?

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Sir Happypants said:
i mean, the most annoying part aobut this is "freeriders" nowadays look down on cross counrty riders or roadies as if theyre cooloer than them, when most of the xc riders and roadies have ridden longer and are more epxerienced than these "freeriders".

now im in no way smasing on freeriding, its sick and its fun, but it seems like theres a new crowd, theyre not the core riders, but they adopt they adopt the "im better than u bc im young and edgy" attitude. take for example the "for freeriders only", its kind of harsh isnt it. how about a fr specific forum for people who enjoy the sport? eh? any followers?
Thats basically what I said. :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
biggins said:
the real question here is not about the colors or the content or the meaning of freeride. the real question is can i post pics of girl booties and boobs?
Only one way to find out brah! :devil:

Toshi said:
just what the world needs, another phpbb site. :dead: . i see that jbp has signed up there tho :think:
Promise not to report it to Homeland Security? ;)

Wasn't much there in way of content... I keep hoping that somebody will start a forum with a bunch of content on trail building and maintenance tools and techniques, but nada, zip, zilch, zero.

I would really like to know the details of how they build that stuff in Vancouver.

J

J

JRB

johnbryanpeters said:
I keep hoping that somebody will start a forum with a bunch of content on trail building and maintenance tools and techniques, but nada, zip, zilch, zero.
I would really like to know the details of how they build that stuff in Vancouver.

J
That would be cool. The trail building forum on MoJo kind of bombed.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
TheInedibleHulk said:
Back in the day we called "freeriding" mountain biking. We didnt feel a need to give those with superior technical skills their own special name. Freeriding means nothing and doesnt exist. If you are a "freerider" you are just a rider, unless you are just a hucker, in which case you dont even get to be a rider.

I'm feeling militant today.
The *average* "freerider" doesn't have superior technical skills. Put 'em on a XC bike and they'd be a friggin' wreck on something technical. The extra travel makes 'em able to handle the rough stuff.

I mean - I've ridden a couple "big" travel bikes and they're like cheater-bikes.

-S.S.-