Quantcast

A Friday Night Ride at Nassahegan

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Well - what better way to get my mind off all the crap that's been happening to me over the last couple of days than to hit the trails with good peeps.

So I joined up with Tonyhawk and one of his Bikerag.com buddies - John - for a tour of Nassahegon State Forest in Burlington, CT.

My mind wasn't totally focused on riding during the first half of the ride and I was having all sorts of trouble, but I got it together from time to time during the scond half - put in some good hard miles and worked up one helluva good sweat.

It was good to ride someplace new and let me tell you Tonyhawk and his riding buds are top notch fellas. Thanks again Tony!

Here are a few pics I took tonight of Tony and his buddy John.

The First one is a bit blurry because Tony didn't wait for me to get set up - I don't blame him it was a challenging roller and the rocks were slippery tonight from some rain the night before.

Cheers,

Mark

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
The next ones are a series of shots I got of John doing a really tricky roller.......to get up top it is a tight clime and t hen a really tight turn to get ready for a really steep roller.

Here's the series

One:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
well those are all the shots that came out well - I was too busy trying to keep up with these two guys and trying not to kill myself while doing it.

A good night on the trails though that's for certain!

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
That was a fun ride - I'm glad you were able to make it. Looked like you needed to be on a bike and forget about stuff for a few hours. Best therapy money can't buy.

I you're up early, there's an organized trail maintenance effort at Case Mtn tomorrow (Sat) am at 7:30 :eek: We're meeting at the Birch Mtn Rd parking lot. If 4 hours of trail work doesn't tire us out, we'll probably ride afterward, so bring your bike and gear, just in case.

If I don't see you, good luck at the race on Sun!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by tonyhawk
That was a fun ride - I'm glad you were able to make it. Looked like you needed to be on a bike and forget about stuff for a few hours. Best therapy money can't buy.

I you're up early, there's an organized trail maintenance effort at Case Mtn tomorrow (Sat) am at 7:30 :eek: We're meeting at the Birch Mtn Rd parking lot. If 4 hours of trail work doesn't tire us out, we'll probably ride afterward, so bring your bike and gear, just in case.

If I don't see you, good luck at the race on Sun!
I have baseball with my sons on Saturday mornings but thanks for thinking of me Tony.

Have fun DHing tomorrow - I think I'd rather trade places with you but I'll do my best in Winsted.

Mark