Quantcast

A friday Night ride with RIP

splat

Nam I am
I had a Litlte buisness with RIP tonight ( more about that later ) but since he made he drive down from New Hampshire , The least I could do was offer him a ride !

So he , I and My 8 Year old Son Peter went out for an Evening ride.

We have hit the trails !

My Son riding Off into the Sunset!

RIP , does the same

RIP hits a Small rock jump

We came down the main trail ( fire road , drainage ditch what ever you want to call it ) and it ia s Nice Fast down Hill, as you can see we were running lights now , My son was running helmet and Handle bar, RIP was running handle bar only.

But Peter was flying down this tonight !

and when we got back Home , Pete decided to take RIPS bike for a Spin around the yard .

It is always fun when I can ride with my boy. there is nothing else like it !
and He was riding really good tonight -- as expected !

J

JRB

Thanks for the pics. Rip - you sure are a little guy. :think: I don't know why I thought you would be a midget.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
loco said:
Thanks for the pics. Rip - you sure are a little guy. :think: I don't know why I thought you would be a midget.
I can't help that the genes in my family are broad shouldered and that I have to wear a lower back brace from a back injury that happened 4 years ago. Yeah, I'm not the smallest person.

J

JRB

Rip said:
I can't help that the genes in my family are broad shouldered and that I have to wear a lower back brace from a back injury that happened 4 years ago. Yeah, I'm not the smallest person.
No criticism, Rip. I don't guess I had ever paid attention to any pics. You still diggin the bike?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Rip - do you really ride the whole time with your saddle down that low????? If so, that's not the best use of your legs man - raise the saddle up to get full extension and you'll be able to ride faster and more efficiently.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
MMcG said:
Rip - do you really ride the whole time with your saddle down that low????? If so, that's not the best use of your legs man - raise the saddle up to get full extension and you'll be able to ride faster and more efficiently.
My primary use for the kona is for shuttling and freeriding trails.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
lovebunny said:
yeah for some reason i allways thought you were some skinny goth guy. haha way offf
me, too. weird. heh :thumb:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
girlscout12 said:
I can see why you shuttle.I'll give ya props,you be bustin some "huge" air. :blah:
I also do trail rides, I do a fair balance of stuff starting in a couple of weeks that is all that I will do for 2 or 3 months is trail ride.

splat

Nam I am
MMcG said:
I've decided that from now on I'm cutting Rip some slack.
I'm not talking about ripping RIP, But for XC riding which is mostly what we were doing I think a little added height on the seat would have definatly helped. ANd I even Mentioned that to him while we were riding . I'm just talking some friendly Advice to try and help a :monkey:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I didn't have the proper allen wrench with me at the moment and I have a woodman seat tube clamp. I probably would have raised the saddle then.