Quantcast

A Fueled up Bobcat

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
...sits at my house, in an hour I'll be tearing up the earth in the name of dirt jumping. I am so stoked!!!

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
OMG, I have never learned how to post pics, but now I must, It would be unfair not to. Let me just say the weekend went well.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
You have to use a photo program to make the photo smaller for the web. When it is small enough, go to the attachement managing thing at the lower part of the advanced reply page and upload your small picture.

Do you know how to edit it and don't know how upload it or don't know both?
Someone could probably explain it better.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
get a photobucket acount or imageshack account, and copy the url of the photo (found by right clicking on pic then going to properties) the put it between

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
mtnbrider said:
You have to use a photo program to make the photo smaller for the web. When it is small enough, go to the attachement managing thing at the lower part of the advanced reply page and upload your small picture.

Do you know how to edit it and don't know how upload it or don't know both?
Someone could probably explain it better.
i upload huge files straight to photobucket and i dont have to resize them, it automatically does it when you upload. i am talking huuuuuuuuge friggin photos as well. then below the photo when it is uploaded you just copy and paste the url that starts with the prefix

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
"i upload huge files straight to photobucket and i dont have to resize them, it automatically does it when you upload. i am talking huuuuuuuuge friggin photos as well. then below the photo when it is uploaded you just copy and paste the url that starts with the prefix " - biggins

oh cool, thanks!

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
mtnbrider said:
"i upload huge files straight to photobucket and i dont have to resize them, it automatically does it when you upload. i am talking huuuuuuuuge friggin photos as well. then below the photo when it is uploaded you just copy and paste the url that starts with the prefix " - biggins

oh cool, thanks![/QUOTE]
672 posts and you still dont know how to use the quote button? :nono:

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Make sure to make bigger ones than you can possibly do.
and make ones you will be able to do.
Because you will get good real fast.

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
ioscope said:
Make sure to make bigger ones than you can possibly do.
and make ones you will be able to do.
Because you will get good real fast.
I found it helpful to pop a 16 oz PBR when I started, just to keep the dust down, I started with my well designed plan, then by the 3rd PBR I was seeing more lines and bigger gaps and just putting stuff were it felt right, that's how I ended up with a pile of dirt 30 feet away from it's proposed take off.
I've been gone for a week but now I can start the shovel work. Once the lines are smoothed in I will definately post pics. plus I still need to build my rollin for the big jumps. And get ready for whistler, if only I could stop working for a while.hmmmmm

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
You can just upload them to Ridemonkey! You have space on here since you're a member. Click on "Mountain Bike Photos" at the top.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I started a photo buccket account. Its so much easier than resizing. When qouting, how do you put the members name in?

At least I try to help people when I can.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
mtnbrider said:
I started a photo buccket account. Its so much easier than resizing. When qouting, how do you put the members name in?

At least I try to help people when I can.
Just hit the quote button in the upper right hand corner of their post...

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
yeah it's the sizing I can't figure out, I guess I need to do that in hp imaging. I just start messing with the computer and before long an hour goes by and I should be at home watering and packing.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Lux Interior said:
yeah it's the sizing I can't figure out, I guess I need to do that in hp imaging. I just start messing with the computer and before long an hour goes by and I should be at home watering and packing.
OK, To resize your images:

(This is not the best way in terms of image quality, but it is easy)

Open the image in question with Paint, which ships with every version of Windows. You can find it under Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Paint.

When the image is loaded in paint, on the toolbar choose 'Image' and then select 'Stretch/Skew'. At the top of the dialogue box are two boxes for the size of the image. If you reduce it to 25 or even 50%, (dependant on how big it was initially) it should be fine to display on RideMonkey.

Then simply save the image with a new filename, then use RideMonkey itself to upload the images off your machine (go to the Mountain bike Photos section). Once the images are uploaded, you can diplay them in a post by pasting their URL (right click on the image and click properties to find this)
in the following tags: http://theURLofyourimage[/IMD] (but is IMG not IMD in the second bracket).

Hope this helps.