Quantcast

A good case for near-beer?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Was in Utard this weekend. Drank lots of 4% beer from the lodge. Was great to not get hammered. Only had a few but around 9-10'k, beers hit me pretty hard, especially after skiing lots.

Think I may cary me a good session beer next time I go up.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So way more calories with less taste. Would rather have 1 or two really good beers rather than 5 beer-coolers.
Was in Utard this weekend. Drank lots of 4% beer from the lodge. Was great to not get hammered. Only had a few but around 9-10'k, beers hit me pretty hard, especially after skiing lots.

Think I may cary me a good session beer next time I go up.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Drank lots of 4% beer from the lodge.
4.0% beer isn't even that low. When visiting my wife's family in Kansas you always buy beer from a liquor store because all beer sold in grocery stores is only 3.2%. Made that mistake once some years ago. I got almost half way though a case and thought I had developed some new superpower or something.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Aprés...gimme a Hop Notch or something malty with body & lots of hops...but on the chair or mid hike or for breakfast gimme a smaller beer.

tried this....

less than good & gave me a serious case of the beer farts.

Lagunitas Daytime is WAAAAAY better.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
Aprés...gimme a Hop Notch or something malty with body & lots of hops...but on the chair or mid hike or for breakfast gimme a smaller beer.
Bigger beers are perfect for mid ride breaks. BadDNA, Mudgirl, Crombie1, and I were pounding down cans of Heady Topper during rides up the gondola at Killington while DHing. Crashing hurts much less with bigger beers :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
went to CO last summer. it was a wake up call when it came to booze; had to work much harder to get the good stuff.

that and most of the liquor stores i tried to visit were closed on sundays.. wtf is up with that..?
The Sunday liquor store thing is fixed. Now if only we could get the retarded "single-location" crap fixed we would have booze at the grocery...

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
The Sunday liquor store thing is fixed. Now if only we could get the retarded "single-location" crap fixed we would have booze at the grocery...
NY state is beer sold in any type of grocery store, beer store, or even gas stations. "Spirits" are still sold in separate liquor stores. Can buy beer anyday 8am-2am (some cities are 4am) except for Sundays when places can only start selling beers at noon... damn Bible thumpers!!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The only good use for near beer is to distract people with terrible taste from the good stuff you keep further back in the 'fridge.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Finished up my session IPA 6-pack last night.....still have a colon full of something akin to a science project.