Quantcast

A good example of how not to jump.

TBFKAHG

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
So, I finally get the Banshee built up and take her out for day of testing and within a matter of hourse I manage to crush my collar bone.

You can get the full scoop here (including some shots that didn't end in carnage)
Ride Report

J

JRB

DRB said:
Help out loco and see what you get......
It does seem like bad karma got him for it. I hate to see what is gonna happen to the guys at Soul Cycles now. :eek:

TBFKAHG

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
Ugh, I just got aroudn to looking at the x-rays (for some reason they din't show us in the ER) and I'm thinking sugery is pretty likely :( I'll find out for sure tomorrow afternooon:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
TBFKAHG said:
Ugh, I just got aroudn to looking at the x-rays (for some reason they din't show us in the ER) and I'm thinking sugery is pretty likely :( I'll find out for sure tomorrow afternooon:
I'm no doctor, but having been a little banged up in my time, I'd say some new scars on the way... Ow.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
loco said:
If they actually ship it soon, they won't be screwing me over.

I got the paint story too last Thursday. I'm calling them today to see what's up. I'll let you know. I'm trying to be nice because they are basically giving me a frame but still, it's taking freaking forever.

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
Wow. I had an X-Ray that looked almost identical to the one you just posted. I recommend you get the surgery. I did not, my doctor recommended that I wait for it to heal on its own. That was in July. By december, it was still hurting. The bone had healed up into a big jagged mass. I had to have surgery over Christmas to have it cut up and put back together. I still have a big lump and a collarbone that protrudes significantly, stretching my skin. It still hurts 7 months later, and everytime I turn over at night and it hurts, I wish that I had had the surgery at once. I'm also way out of shape now because I had to wait for so long for it to heal.

J

JRB

jdschall said:
I got the paint story too last Thursday. I'm calling them today to see what's up. I'll let you know. I'm trying to be nice because they are basically giving me a frame but still, it's taking freaking forever.
Mine is already painted. What frame are you getting again? I opted for the Roscoe, which, while heavier, will make a nice urban bike. If the geometry is sweet, it will fit the bill. Horizontal drops too. :thumb: Like I said earlier, I got a voice mail from Chad saying it should ship today.