Quantcast

A good Night for a ride.

splat

Nam I am
Tonight we decide to do a small ride. left a little earlier than usual , but that just ment no need for lights .

I got home a little later than planned due to a road being closed on the way home, but I got on my bike and hauled across vietanm to meet the group on the other side. I called them and they were leaving then. well i beatthem there by a couple of minutes. it was about 5 andthe rest of our group would meet us at 6 so off we go, 4 of us .

and If you saw the lynn woods Pics you would know the silver turtle broke his chain stay , well specilized warrenty and fed ex and he was good to go.

here is the silver turtle and IF_rider in a stiched photo.

IF rider Hopping up a rock

carl coming up a rocky incline.

Here the silver turtle is scholling us on going up steep rock.

this is a sight I'm afraid we may see too much of this year , with it being so dry.

well we picked up the 2nd half of our group and off we went.

the trutle flies

IF rider in what i was hoping would be a panorama .

and What is normally a huck tonight they decided to roll.

and as the light was fadding and my batteries weakining this was the last shoot I was able to get .

at this point I had to take off and head for home.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I really have to make it out there to ride with you guys sometime. Perhaps this summer, when I am working a mere few exits down from Milford. Of course it will have to be in the light as I don't have any lights, but I must make at least one ride.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Man Splat that is some fun looking riding. How many miles do you usually ride in one of your rides? With the big "stunts" I would imagine you stop and people take turns playing on those boulders and I know that always eats up time, so if you were out for 2-3 hours how many stops and how many miles do you think you guys ride?

the reason I ask is on our Sat. ride at Apollo the terrain is about as rough as it gets around here but still flowing nicely. we were out for 4.5 hours or so, and covered around 14-15 miles. I am trying to get a perspective for Nam. Your photos make me want to hit that sometime this summer.:thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
at this time of year, unless you cut out of work pretty early, you aren't gonna get 3 hr of post-work riding in...i left work @ 5 and was riding by 5:30 and we got about 1hr 40min in.

you can usually hit most things in 'nam in about 3 hr or so, but i've no real idea on mileage, maybe 12 or so? and, as you said, sessioning stuff takes time.

splat

Nam I am
I cut out of work a little early and we hit the trail at 4:30 so we got just barely 3 hours in , but it was getting dark. and yeah I only get about 7-8 miles in ( and it 2 miles in the woods to wear I met them and a 1.5 miles back from where I pealed off )