Quantcast

A Hookey day Death march !

splat

Nam I am
Today IAB and I decided to play hookey from work and ride. I posted it on a local Board and invited all.
there were 3 of us Me , IAB and BigBlackBruce

it looked threatening and IAB almost turned around , buit it cleared and Got sunny 80 degrees, Blue skies and 90% humidity

But we had Fun We started in Nam

here is IAB on the New Nemba Trail

Here is Bruce same place

IAB going past the Refridgerator ! ! This is in North Vietnam ( other side of 495 + 85 ) it is a bunch of Chunks of granite piled up right next to one of teh qurries and cold air is always coming out from between the rock. it was about 20 degrees cooler goingthrough there and it felt good!

Boon hopping up a rock on the way over to Peppercorn Hill

Bruce coming off a little rock on the power lines on the way to Upton

When we got to Upton State forest , an interesting warning

Boon coming between some rocks leaving Upton on the way to Lake Whitehall

Boon trying to hop a log across the path on whitehall

I did have a Few navigation errors.

Had one major problem as we were heading back to go up the back side of peppercorn hill , the trail was gone and a new development was in its place . finally found what was left of the trail.

As we were getting to the top of Peppercorn Hill , the highest point on the journey and after 17 Miles

come on Boon you can make it !!

Bruce you can do it too!

IAB going past a rock Pile on the way back to Vietnam

Bruce we are almost done !

25 Miles and Just under 5 hours, we hit up Vietnam, Peppercorn Hill, Upton State Forest , Lake Whitehall, Hopkinton Town forest.

and Burgers were consumed upon our return ! Yummy!

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Wish I wasn't stuck at work today :(. That looks like it was fun. How many miles?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You guys have cool rocks. All of ours are much smaller and much sharper. Must have been those glaciers.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
:dead:

This was my longest ride to date (25 miles, 5 hours). I'm friggin tired. I was pretty tired at mile 10 and would have been fine to stop there. I need a beer.

Nice pics, Splat! Sorry I didn't take any. Thanks for the tour. That was a really fun ride.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I Are Baboon said:
This was my longest ride to date (25 miles, 5 hours). I'm friggin tired. I was pretty tired at mile 10 and would have been fine to stop there. I need a beer. Nice pics, Splat! Sorry I didn't take any. Thanks for the tour. That was a really fun ride.
Nice to see you got to ride the new Nemba trail, Phil. The jump line and the berms are a lot of fun. Mike and I rode the big berm 3 times Tuesday night it was so much fun. :thumb:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
MtnBikerChk said:
and I told you repeatedly - stop picking right before april 15th and october 15th to go on a week day and maybe I can go! :mumble:

:D
I'm hoping to have a few people coming down to round valley for a ride on the 17th, anyone is welcome.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
berkshire_rider said:
Nice to see you got to ride the new Nemba trail, Phil. The jump line and the berms are a lot of fun. Mike and I rode the big berm 3 times Tuesday night it was so much fun. :thumb:
That new trail is very cool. The NEMBA crew did a great job building it. I didn't try any of the stunts because I didn't have the gonads yesterday.

I need to get back to Vietnam. We didn't really ride 'Nam yesterday, we just sort of rode through it.