Quantcast

a little bikebling!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
OK I edited this to make someone happy! Short story "I was lazy, didnt want to do the work myself and make a bunch of calls for stuff!" :thumb:

So I had been to a shop that I was REALLY impressed with on a fluke I stopped in after class on a saturday, so when I decided to do my wheelset I remembered this shop! Besides they had a huge stock of high end parts, bikes, schwalbe tires etc... ALOT OF HIGH END stuff!:shocked:

I made the call this morning and they had an opening if I wanted and I jumped, they had the 823s 32hole in stock and a helluva wheelbuilder (dude knows his stuff).
But I didnt want them black they had to be white and I wanted a wider bar white as well. EHHH I figured as long as I was going to hammer the poor guy Id get a bar done as well. :D:D:D:D

No problem, I dropped the wheelset off to be broken down, cleaned, relubed, serviced and relaced. Dropped it off this morning and walked out this evening with my white 823s and white sunline 29" bars! :D:D:D:D:D

They even stuck the 823 decals back on perfectly!!!

Properly named bikebling.com so this is a place I see fit to mention as we are always looking for online retailers and a quality shop that has a good selection on hand, I personally hung out there and looked in all the shadows and corners and they are all full of bling!

Last edited:

OBB

Monkey
Sep 25, 2008
Nice wheels! 823s are the best rims I've ever ran.

Was this part of the story really neccesary though?
Im generally a person who has contacts and knows alot of people usually have different venues for stuff and of course the occasional right place right time purchase person.

Well I decided I didnt want to sift through friends or make calls and decided spur of the moment that this morning I wanted my I9s (red set) laced to 823s but I wanted them white!!! Have to keep the Jedi build true to begining (next build will be different and just as pimp :thumb:)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Nice wheels! 823s are the best rims I've ever ran.

Was this part of the story really neccesary though?
Yes because instead of calling friends and looking online or calling shops it was made easy by 1 call which surprised me and worked out well. I know alot of parts whores and thats usually my first call then off to the bartering with buddies.
The main reason I mentioned them is because they were willing to do it and got it done.

Point is it they saved me the time and hassle! :thumb: Usually I do all my own cutomizing from start to finish, I lef this one up to someone else.

Last edited:

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
I hammer you for it because if you're going to do it, do it right. Leave the decals stock, but do them red. Or customize them in red or something. But FFS leave your name off it. The name thing is, I think, the ulitimate in "wiener-kid chic."

Otherwise, good call on the white.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Agreed. There are some truely terrible graphics out there from some companies. But, thankfully its the product not the stickers that you're paying for.

Anyways, fix your bloody decals haha

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Man you should be paid! You are a marketing force to be reconed with! ;)

Nice job on the bling. The decals on the fox just seem a bit strange but probably I'm just paranoid.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Man you should be paid! You are a marketing force to be reconed with! ;)

Nice job on the bling. The decals on the fox just seem a bit strange but probably I'm just paranoid.
LMAO Id love to have a job in the industry!

I felt compelled because I always do my own work and like it that way as well as organize it and set it up. This time I decided F-it and called that shop to see what theyd say, between broken back, concussion, headaches and sitting here idle and not being able to ride I wanted change and I wanted it now. They were cool, no flak and got it done!

I go to alot of different places as well as have friends that have shops all over and online. I dont spamm them just to give em a plug. Not my style, however if something is SICK, works well or someone gets it done fast and Like I would then right on! :thumb:

Yeah I have the pearlessence 40 decal strip vs the black.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
bullcrew, have you seen these new Schwalbe shown durinf Sea Otter? Have you got any more detailed info on them?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
New Schwables? Are they in any soft compound (close to 42a or lower) and can they hold at ridiculously low pressures?
The only ones I have are Fat Alberts (well and table tops but that a dirt tire) and I'm not to impressed with the compound. Will be probably giving them away.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
New Schwables? Are they in any soft compound (close to 42a or lower) and can they hold at ridiculously low pressures?
The only ones I have are Fat Alberts (well and table tops but that a dirt tire) and I'm not to impressed with the compound. Will be probably giving them away.
Guey glueys are super soft and hook up. Mms and bbs are great. Haven't tried the new ones yet

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Why are you so bent on having decals anyway?

It seems silly to pay to promote a company you're buying **** from. Doesn't it?