Quantcast

A little chainline / boost help plz :)

crashwins

Monkey
Nov 4, 2009
Hey folks! Quick question. I'm building up a '18 Transition Throttle and never really messed around with Boost before.

I have an XD driver on the i9 so grabbing a 11-42 cassette. That said, I want something small up front like a 28t. That means cinch chainring. So will this give me the right chainline for "Boost" on the Throttle? Please just tell me if this will work -- no need for other build suggestions lest I get more confused! :)

Screenshot 2019-03-23 at 07.44.30.png
Screenshot 2019-03-23 at 07.44.04.png
Screenshot 2019-03-23 at 07.43.49.png

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
If you already have a 6mm offset cinch chain ring, you may be able to make the chain line work with just bb spacers. I do on my boost rear end bike with RF cranks.

crashwins

Monkey
Nov 4, 2009
If you already have a 6mm offset cinch chain ring, you may be able to make the chain line work with just bb spacers. I do on my boost rear end bike with RF cranks.
Thanks! I’m actually starting from scratch with this one. But that makes sense. But the Wolf boost chainring would get me the proper chainline?

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
The turbine has a wide Q which is good for clearing the chainstays, if the chainring has a small offset you can flip it for more clearance.

I have probably every combination that doesn't work in my basement at this point.

crashwins

Monkey
Nov 4, 2009
The turbine has a wide Q which is good for clearing the chainstays, if the chainring has a small offset you can flip it for more clearance.

I have probably every combination that doesn't work in my basement at this point.
Thanks! You say “if” but what about the exact above setup? You see, the 3mm difference is what’s screwing me up :)