Quantcast

A little fork help

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
I know the Dorado sometimes would need all air let out and then be fully compressed and then lifted back up and then re-filled with air. Not sure that will help....

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I know the Dorado sometimes would need all air let out and then be fully compressed and then lifted back up and then re-filled with air. Not sure that will help....
Just tried that. Didn't work. The first two inches of travel, you can literally just slide the fork up and down, no resistance.

Guess I get to take it apart and invoke all sorts of bad mechanical mojo.:shocked:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Just tried that. Didn't work. The first two inches of travel, you can literally just slide the fork up and down, no resistance.

Guess I get to take it apart and invoke all sorts of bad mechanical mojo.:shocked:
Im going to recommend goggles & holy water; that fork is the devil.

Be careful!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
So Manitou sent me this guy to fix the problem, which was cool of them.

But once I pulled the fork apart, there was this little white plastic spacer plops out too. I took it to Suspension Experts and they said there isn't a way to just replace that. It's something that sits embedded in the stanchion below the air piston and if it's broken, you just have to get all new uppers.

Seriously??? :banghead:

Last edited: