Quantcast

A little landscaping pr0n

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
MizN8 and I finished our house in Oct 2004. We started with basically a bare yard which was not too long ago a hay field.

Then as spring 2005 came on, MizN8 started getting in some plants to make our yard look a little nicer.

At first things looked a little sparse....

....but with an average rainfall of nearly 5.5_ft per year, EVERYTHING here grows!

Things got pretty over grown last summer, this year MizN8 and i though we'd take it easy on the planting and install a border make of some of the left over bricks from the building of our house and install some of that red mulch which would look nice with the green lawn and trim color of our house.

The weeping willow tree we planted last spring which was had about the circumference of a dime is now nice and full.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Have you thought about either painting that single column the same color green as the house or sanding it and staining it the same color as the shudders?

Nice landscaping.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stevew said:
Have you thought about either painting that single column the same color green as the house or sanding it and staining it the same color as the shudders?

Nice landscaping.
It was painted the trim color but it didn't look right. It is made out of a structural fiberglass.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Yeah, it's working now.

Looks alright, just don't ever get a Gnome or any other tacky-ass **** like that.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Changleen said:
Yeah, it's working now.

Looks alright, just don't ever get a Gnome or any other tacky-ass **** like that.

Ahh come on ya got's ta have da gnomes for those lazy sunday afternoons kicking back on the front porch with a beer and an air rifle. :D

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
You need a Magnolia. EVERY yard needs a magnolia. Or a rhododendron at least. WTF? does it look like in fall?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Hooj Choons said:
build me a house and I'll make you a pavestone driveway, patio and replace that willow with a japanese maple! :P

Japanese maple will be going someplace else....

That is a washed gravel drive way. I like them better than a regular broom finish, but cobblestone is very very high end and nice.

:)