Quantcast

A Little Mid-Western Flavor

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
This forum is great, so don't take this the wrong way, but there is a decidedly "East Coast feel to the proceedings here.

So I present to you for your approval my (finally) completed Badger drop bar 29"er.

(Bad late night pic, but I'll get better ones this weekend)

Spec:

Badger drop bar specific fillet brazed frame. 19" size. Suspension corrected fork (100mm) custom made by Badger
Chris King/Stan's Flow /DT Swiss wheels set up tubeless with wire bead ExiWolfs.
Thomson stem and seatpost
Truvativ Stylo SS crank set up as a double ring crank with a 44T/32T
XT rear derailluer, vintage 1995 w/vintage Avid Rollermajig in purple
SRAM X-Gen front derailluer
XT cassette 11-34T
Chris King headset
Origin 8 "Gary" bar
Tektro linear pull specific aero levers
Avid BB-7 mtn brakes. 185mm frt/160mm/rear
Vintage Curve titanium skewers in purple
WTB Lazer V saddle
Bontrager faux-cork tape

A single track/gravel road bent is what I was looking for. I'll get it out sometime this weekend on some gravel and report back.

Attachments

NuMexJoe

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
The East Coast bent is, for this monkey in the mountains of NM, a nice counterpoise to the Cali bent at EmptyBeer. An that's a very nice Badger! I really wanted to get my wife a Dorothy for her frst 29er, but finances dictated the Bandersnatch instead. And yeah, orange w/ panels is always a good look. Looking forward to the ride report.
- Joe

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Sweet build.

When you do more pics could you do one looking down towards the bars from the front or the rear. I have been considering a set of those on a project.

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Sweet build.

When you do more pics could you do one looking down towards the bars from the front or the rear. I have been considering a set of those on a project.

I'll do that pic for ya. I am having to futz and fettle with the tubeless thingy. :disgust: I am having a leakdown issue from the bead/rim interface. I'll try some "hot laps" around the block today and see if riding will help solve the issue. It has worked in the past for me to help set up a tubeless system.

I'll take the time to snap off some photos too.

Sorry for the delay. If I were using a tubed set up, I'd have had a good long ride already. Still not convinced tubeless is worth the trouble, but I keep trying anyway.

Maybe I'm insane............hmmm. :busted:

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Went out today for a shake down on the tubeless wheels. Still not getting the rear to set up, but the front is sorted. Anyway, the ride of this bike is smooooth! I'm going to really enjoy this one on the trails once they clear up.

Gotta shot for Lumberjack. Hope that's what you were looking for!

The friction shifting is intuitive and super quiet. (Well, if you've used that sort of thing before it is) The bike steers very well, at least in slow speed situations. It was super icy out there today. Went down once and put a knot on my hip!

Thanks for looking!

Attachments