Quantcast

A little more 2010 Glory headangle info

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Why the piggy back hidden? Did they check if the reservoir didn't hit the frame? It's soooo close IMO.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Maybe cause it's hiding the hi/low speed rebound adjustment I heard a while ago they were working on?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Please do keep us posted yuro. I'm pretty stoked with the geo of mine right now but I've only had the bike since sept. and all the steep stuff here was closed by then. So, down the road I could see wanting that maybe. As of late the only riding to do is driving to Bootleg and the Fontana winter series. Neither of which is really a problem with the stock HA obviously.
i have yet to ride my new 2010 race bike, so i would like to ride it first and see how it handles. i may or may not need the -1.5 degree head angle but i do have riders on the team that race a select few world cups and they said they would like to ride them for MSA and other high speed steep tracks for more control.

ill keep you guys updated. i will be doing a nice little photo shoot and debut the race rig in the next few weeks, its HOTT!

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
My LBS has had some custom Elka shocks made up. Still a 2.75" stroke but with a slightly shorter (I forget exact numbers) eye to eye than the stock 8.75". Apologies for the Facebook image link.

http://www.dunbarcycles.com
i tested running my manitou shock upside down last year on my 09 glory, couldnt tell the difference. i dont know if its because the frame had so much weight in the belly of frame or what. maybe it will make a slight difference in the 2010? who knows! have fun with it tho.

TomBigmac

Chimp
May 31, 2009
Little bump for this thread as it's been a hot-button topic for people.

I saw this upcoming item that could make a bit of difference. If you plug it into this calculator, the bikes numbers get closer to what everyone's wanting. (Griping about.)
On the 2010 Glory's the lower headtube is a 1.5 Semi-Intergrated (Zero Stack) lower cup with an internal diameter of 55.95mm not the standard 1.5" diameter of 49.61mm.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
I just picked up my glory O complete on Friday. I just made a few changes. Point 1 pedals and Point 1 split second stem with chrome chromag bars. Threw the tires out went with Maxxis Minion 2.5. The bike started out at 38 pounds and is now 39. Right now its 14 degrees outside so I don't know when I will be able to ride it but I am looking forward to it. Thanks for the works headset information I will most likely get it as it adds to the bikes versatility:thumb:

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
On the 2010 Glory's the lower headtube is a 1.5 Semi-Intergrated (Zero Stack) lower cup with an internal diameter of 55.95mm not the standard 1.5" diameter of 49.61mm.
Maybe it's a typo. Either way, I'm sure they have it figured out... Hopefully, they can keep the lower cup flush so the front of the bike stays low.

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca

Team bikes slacker than production bikes?
The team bikes are the exact same bikes you can buy off the floor...with the only exception being color in this photo. That is something that Giant does, that I don't know if many other companies do. You can buy your frame out of the same production batch that the Team bikes come out of.

mitcht

Chimp
Jul 9, 2008
Some updated cable routing on my 2010 Glory that some of you may be interested in.... It must be done on the non-drive side as there is sufficient space here for both cables, unlike the drive side. Just use some stick on sable guides on the top of the down tube to keep the cables pointed in the right direction... Done and done.

Last edited:

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Looks good, but what about the rest of the cables? Are they on the top edge of the DT? Can You show it?

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Some updated cable routing on my 2010 Glory that some of you may be interested in.... It must be done on the non-drive side as there is sufficient space here for both cables, unlike the drive side. Just use some stick on sable guides on the top of the down tube to keep the cables pointed in the right direction... Done and done.

Nice cranks! Double Barrel too? Your bike needs it's own thread. ;)

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
heres a picture of the proto type headset ill be receiving in the next 2 days from Works Components.

ill take more pics and specs when i get it this week.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
What is wrong with the stock routing?, that is what I'm using. Has someone run into problems with busted cables from rocks and sutch?
Nothing was wrong ;) except e-speculation and concerned users and future users, including me ;)

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
To bad they will suck because of that head angle thing.

Giant Factory Off-Road Team Expands

In addition to the new team, the Giant Factory Off-Road Team is expanding for 2010. The roster includes two new gravity racing talents who will compete globally on the World Cup circuit: two-time U.S. Downhill Champion Duncan Riffle and 18-year-old British downhiller Danny Hart, winner of the 2009 World Cup DH Junior series and bronze medalist at the 2009 World Junior Downhill Championships.

Riffle, 23, is currently ranked 21st in the UCI world downhill rankings and looking forward to focusing on the most prestigious international downhill events.

“I’ve always been a fan of Giant bikes and I can’t wait to hit the 2010 World Cup series on the new Giant Glory,” Riffle said. “To be successful on the World Cup circuit, you need the right equipment and the right support, and I know I’ll have that.”

The other Giant Factory Off-Road Team rider with a global agenda is 2008 Red Bull Rampage silver medalist Kurt Sorge. The 21-year-old Canadian has developed into a household name in slopestyle and freeride competition and will headline the biggest freeride competitions and films in 2010.

Giant Factory Off-Road Team
Oli Beckingsale (Great Britain), XC, ST
Carl Decker (USA), XC, ST, Super D
Kelli Emmett (USA), XC, ST, Super D
Danny Hart (Great Britain), 4X, DH, DS
Jared Rando (Australia), 4X, DH, DS
Duncan Riffle (USA), 4X, DH, DS
Kurt Sorge (Canada), Freeride

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I am getting a glory 1 but I am a little torn between sizes. I am 5'3" with a short inseam. I was thinking the xs. My current bike is a small 09 Demo 7 with travel spacer removed and a Fox 40. The tt is 20.5 and the stand over is 31.5 at the spot where Giant measures the SO. I ride with the seat slammed, 2.5 hr in the rear, 2.5 minion up front and a 50mm stem. It fits me fine reach wise but a little tall.
The Glory has an effective tt of 20.6 and a stand over of 28.9". So theoretically it should fit the same with more stand over clearance.
Just wondering if a small would be better. Just afraid the reach might be a little long with a 50mm stem.

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Were just making a few changes / refinements at the moment - news will be available as we get it :thumb: