Quantcast

A little peak at dhbuilder in action...

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Just out of curiosity, lets say I'm a......more advanced than beginner, but still not up for the super burly DH trails. If I come to ride windrock, will I be returning home, or should I just bring a pinebox and a will?
i highly suggest snowshoe mt.
there a true public facility that caters their trail system to a wider variety of skill levels.

to be brutally honest.
this place is built by windrock riders for windrock riders.
we have only local talent in mind as we layout and build.

absoluty no thought is given to anyone other than us.
it's not meant to be snobbish by any means.
that's just the way it is.
but like in the rules sticky.
we're not presenting this place to the public as a place to come learn.
if you already posses downhill riding/racing skills and have made that commitment by spending the $$$ on a single purpose downhill bike.
then by all means come ride and have fun.
this isn't where you come "dabble" with a less than worthy machine.

the hilarious thing about all this is.
we'll get the usual rush of visitors when we open back up in a couple of months.
and we get a rush just about two to four weeks before we close.
the rest of the time there's usually just four of us up here riding the crap out of this place on a regular weekly basis.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I prefer my Izimu to my DH9 and local ripper Terry switched out his Demo9 for a SX Trail. However we have done a couple runs here before and we know every rock and pebble. I would say the Demo9 would be a good bet. Since its stable and very forgiving.

mattmtb

Chimp
Jun 9, 2005
Ohh man I can not wait to ride the new stuff at Windrock. It seems like you guys are looking for some serious speed. It like it.

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
from the angle of the hill compared to the trees that hill looks like it could be about 70 degrees steep.....whoa...i need to buy a bike asap.

Raaar

Monkey
Sep 13, 2004
Thank you for the pics of the trails and providing hope...

I will be getting off my ass now and riding my bike.

See you in the spring.

-Chip