Quantcast

a little pussy cat

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
billt.. your wife and the woman holding the first large kitty look very similar.. i thought they were the same person

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BillT, what's the temperament of the Main Coons? I really really want one, and am thinking about getting one next year after we buy a house. We currently have 3 fat cats, all indoors. Aged 3 - 5 yrs. do the Maine Coons do well with other kitties?

Those are great cats! I can tell my friends and relatives not to bring their kids cause my cat might eat them. :)

MD, That's a big kitty! Bigger than my big kitties! Norwiegan Forest, eh? How are those? And how big do they get? I have always wanted a ginormous kitty.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yeah, my fiance has a huge pussy. I mean, um, in the picture.

Um, I mean, Norwegians are pretty damned big. Like BillT said, pretty much the same as a Maine Coon. Grendel's around 18 lbs right now, but could stand to lose some weight. He's an indoor cat and doesn't get much exercise. Generally, he's big, strong, gentle, lazy, and very entertaining in a grumpy sort of way. Not real high-energy cat antics, but pretty low-maintenance...just pet him and he's good to go. I think if he'd been raised as an outdoor cat (we adopted him as an indoor cat, but I do walk him on a leash sometimes) he'd be a lot more athletic and high-energy. His original owner had to put him up for adoption because her dogs were making his life miserable...he's a lover, not a fighter.

We have a second, mixed-breed half Norwegian female, and she's a psychotic terror. Looks just like him but half-sized; adopted her from a shelter where she'd been left off by a dude who was, um, not the best pet owner and didn't give her a good childhood, so she's got issues.

Stop by and have a look when you're in OB...

MD

BillT

Monkey
SkaredShtles said:
Dude. What's with the striped shirt?!? :think:

-S.S.-
Its called maternity wear - she's 5 months pregnant in that picture.

Ciaran said:
BillT, what's the temperament of the Main Coons?.
Our Sushi is pretty easy going, low maintenance. He does get a little pissy after brushing him for awhile and may take a swipe at you but only after plenty of warning. He's easily entertained by things like bugs, pens, and crumpled up pieces of paper. Coon's are generally not jumpers/climbers and prefer to just hang out near you but not necessarily on you. He gets along very well with our two other cats though he can be a little rough with our little girl siamese - his 22lb fat ass will pounce her 9lb body and all you see are the tips of her paws poking out from underneath him.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
binary visions said:
Wow! That's one obese cat!
No she's not...poor baby...I just found out she has an overactive thyroid gland...she lost almost a pound..;:( so now she has to have a pill twice a day...poor baby...I finally ordered the velvet painting! should be here in about 3 weeks...this is the picture...the guy at the velvet store did a quick photoshop to make sure he had what I wanted in mind...HAHAHA!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
My kitties got jealous that all these other cats were getting so much press...

Me and The Biggs...

Me and Marley doing "Kitty Hat" a few years back when he was still little...

I don't have any good pics of my little Abby cat here at work. But she's a weird little tortoise shell.

BillT

Monkey
SkaredShtles said:
I wonder when maternity wear manufacturers thought it would be a good idea to make horizontal striped clothing for pregnanat women........ :think:

-S.S.-
Who knows? Maternity wear is generally ugly/unflaterring unless you spend a ton of $$$ - my wife didn't see the purpose of paying a ton of money for close that she'll hate anyway and only wear for limited time.

BillT

Monkey
Ciaran - I love the cat hat! I would try that with one of mine, but I would be concerned about them freaking up while up there and clawing my face off trying to get down!

To continue posting pics of pussy's -

Our siamese, Squeakers, as a kitten:

Our domestic short-hair Humane Society rescue, Snoopy, trying to fit his 17lbs into a box with Sushi as a kitten posing for the camera:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
My kitties also love boxes. Whenever the nice UPS man delivers new bike parts they get all excited. Especially when it's a big box like a frame box or wheels.

All 3 of my kitties were rescued. Marley was found in a box in the gutter with his siblings, his mother having been hit by a car. Interesting side note about Marley... A friend of mine also got a cat from that same box. I didn't know it till like 3 years later when we were talking about our cats. Turns out she named her cat Harley. Harley and Marley. :)

Biggie and Abby were a 2 fer 1 special at the Humane Society. Poor Biggie was one of those cats who was givin up as soon as he was fully grown and not a cute kitty anymore. I hate those people. He's a very loving cat.