Quantcast

A little something for the XC crowd...

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
^^It's not a review.

That looks very nice Brian. The only thing I see would be to maybe try and tuck that reservoir up and in a little. But I'm sure there is some very good reason for why it's where it is. :thumb:

Sep 10, 2001
It's still a very early prototype... Things will most likely be different by the time it becomes a full production item.

Brian

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Looks promising. I really like the idea of significant differences among the platform settings. I don't think the Fox RP3 are distinct enough, for the kind of riding I do personally I would like a bigger range from heavily damped to wide open.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Sweet, with my Marzocchi RAC fork, Campy mtn group and Chris King BB, I should have the sweetest vaporbike

Sep 10, 2001
LOL!! But, a few of the RAC's did actually go out the door... But most of those that were built ended up being not sellable...

Brian

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
sanjuro said:
Sweet, with my Marzocchi RAC fork, Campy mtn group and Chris King BB, I should have the sweetest vaporbike

Hahaha, and yeah actually there was at least two campy mtb groups, the original storm trooper stuff and the much-nicer-but-still-off-the-mark Record OR. I still have a set of the Record OR cantilevers and levers, sweet stuff.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OGRipper said:
Hahaha, and yeah actually there was at least two campy mtb groups, the original storm trooper stuff and the much-nicer-but-still-off-the-mark Record OR. I still have a set of the Record OR cantilevers and levers, sweet stuff.
Euclid did exist, and Campy makes a Centaur-quality flar bar shifter. While I doubt there would be any market, it is a shame they don't make a 110bcd crankset, and longer cage derailleurs. One could only drool about what kinds of brakes they would make...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OGRipper said:
Campy is off the back on cranksets in many ways - square taper anyone?
I am no campyphile by any means, but the tapered spindle has one huge advantage: bigger ball bearings inside the BB shell. I have never heard anyone complain about a lack of stiffness but there are complaints about external BB's.