Quantcast

A message for all lesbian cross dressers.....

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
......cos' they're the only ones I haven't tried.

Anyway, I've got this way old Gary Fisher frame, remnant of my first MTBike. It's a 96/97 Big Sur frame and it was left neglected for a few years as I didn't think I'd ever use it again. But times change and over the years I've built up an inventory of parts and thought it might be time to resurrect the old buzzard. It's pretty straight apart from the usual scratches and rub marks except the brake bosses were rusted to hell. As in un-usuable. I got them out of the frame but replacing them has proved a problem. A frame that old is obviously not discable so I've gotta go the V-brake road.

So I went into the LBS and was going thru the list of stuff I needed (7 speed cassette-check, new cranks-,LX at a steal check) but the brake bosses caused things to come to a screeching halt. He looked everywhere around the shop, took all the old frames down, spent about an hour trying to find something that would fit. Everything was either too big or too long. Tried a couple of other shops which was a waste of time, much shaking of heads and exclamations of difficulty.

Got home and got on the Gary Fisher site in the US. Apparently it's Trek now, anyway, sent off an e-mail. Got a reply pretty much instaneously (given the time difference). He said (abridged version) "ya in luck, but I need to know is the thread pitch 1.00mm or 1.25mm". Now given I don't have a tool other than my snagger that I can measure such miniscule distances with I told him 1.25mm but said I was glad to pay for both sizes to be sent. The problem is, the thread length is ridiculously short, about 9mm.

So, if you've stuck with me thus far, my questions are;
1) Am I chance to get the brake bosses I need?
2) If I can't find the right size, what can I do, is there any bodgey jobs I can do to get something to work?
3) Will George W Bush ban Partsy from coming back to Amerikkka land after his holiday in Godzonecountry.
4) If you answer question 3 without answering question 1 or 2 can I punch you in the yam bag?

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Can you go with Brake Therapy and just get disks? I don't know if they have the parts you need (their website is not as clear as it could be) and it might be an overly expensive route to take anyhow.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Can you go with Brake Therapy and just get disks? I don't know if they have the parts you need (their website is not as clear as it could be) and it might be an overly expensive route to take anyhow.
Last resort road there mate, I'd be better off getting another frame. Cheers anyway mate, no sack kick for you.:cheers:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sorry, did I miss something? You said Trek had the parts? Just pay for both of them, what's it, a couple bucks?

I had a GF frame of the same era and the thread length for the bosses was pretty short. I just checked my parts bin for the old bosses, but I don't see them.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Sorry, did I miss something? You said Trek had the parts? Just pay for both of them, what's it, a couple bucks?

I had a GF frame of the same era and the thread length for the bosses was pretty short. I just checked my parts bin for the old bosses, but I don't see them.
Latest reply...what should I do now?

"I have part numbers for both I can reference, since we don't sell
factory direct.
980119 Canti-Studs 10mm x 1.25
84267 Canti-Studs Import aluminum frames 10mm x 1"

Anyway semi-kick in the yam bag.....the Lance kick....:biggrin:
Edit-Recall kick, just saw the 2nd part of the post BV, sorry.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ugh, don't sell direct... means you'll have to go through an LBS. Is your LBS any good?

Just slow it down the old fashioned way - foot jammed behind the seat tube :p

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
......cos' they're the only ones I haven't tried.

Anyway, I've got this way old Gary Fisher frame, remnant of my first MTBike. It's a 96/97 Big Sur frame and it was left neglected for a few years as I didn't think I'd ever use it again. But times change and over the years I've built up an inventory of parts and thought it might be time to resurrect the old buzzard. It's pretty straight apart from the usual scratches and rub marks except the brake bosses were rusted to hell. As in un-usuable. I got them out of the frame but replacing them has proved a problem. A frame that old is obviously not discable so I've gotta go the V-brake road.

So I went into the LBS and was going thru the list of stuff I needed (7 speed cassette-check, new cranks-,LX at a steal check) but the brake bosses caused things to come to a screeching halt. He looked everywhere around the shop, took all the old frames down, spent about an hour trying to find something that would fit. Everything was either too big or too long. Tried a couple of other shops which was a waste of time, much shaking of heads and exclamations of difficulty.

Got home and got on the Gary Fisher site in the US. Apparently it's Trek now, anyway, sent off an e-mail. Got a reply pretty much instaneously (given the time difference). He said (abridged version) "ya in luck, but I need to know is the thread pitch 1.00mm or 1.25mm". Now given I don't have a tool other than my snagger that I can measure such miniscule distances with I told him 1.25mm but said I was glad to pay for both sizes to be sent. The problem is, the thread length is ridiculously short, about 9mm.

So, if you've stuck with me thus far, my questions are;
1) Am I chance to get the brake bosses I need?
2) If I can't find the right size, what can I do, is there any bodgey jobs I can do to get something to work?
3) Will George W Bush ban Partsy from coming back to Amerikkka land after his holiday in Godzonecountry.
4) If you answer question 3 without answering question 1 or 2 can I punch you in the yam bag?
3: Yes.
4: Be my guest.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
If you can put a regular long m6 bolt in from behind the boss you can mount Magura HS33s on that sucker pretty easily. They dont need to move so you can bolt them in place.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
GO AHEAD TOUGH GUY!

RIGHT, BEND OVER.:bonk: :banghead: FEEL THOSE 2 LUMPS IN YA THROAT?
Anyway thanks to all, especially BV, which you'll notice is VB backwards. I think he's my doppleganger. 'Cept I don't have a monobrow. And I'm hung like a horse. APART FROM THAT WE'RE BROTHERS. The rest of you are poofs. 'Cept Partsy, he's a lesbian in men's clothing

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
'Cept Partsy, he's a lesbian in men's clothing
i m without a doubt the best wheel builder in the USA at this point in time... honest, i m not wearing my wifes panties...

did you go see ezaki valve ?? make sure ya say g'day to that old bastard for me... he is the only one i d save if 45 made a comeback...

woody here is on the money... either that or bash the POS with a hammer... 'cept those jap hammers are a good 3-4"s shorter than the caucasian hammers...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
UPDATE- Ordered the part numbers GF in America told me were the right ones for my frame through my local Trek dealer. Of course they're the wrong f*cking size. I sent off this whiny e-mail to GF;

"Well I did as you advised and the parts are the wrong size. The LBS contacted Trek Japan who sent the part number quoted to the LBS. When I came in to pick up the part it didn't fit my frame, it was too wide. I was nevertheless obliged to purchase a part I have no use for. Obviously this is a MOST UN-SATISFACTORY STATE OF AFFAIRS. I want the correct part number and I also expect some sort of compensation for being out of pocket through no fault of my own. Again, the frame is a 1996 or 1997 Gary Fisher Big Sur, frame number WTU 2023719 N 4100 175 GBI 112. The brake bosses (canti-studs) sent were too big for the frame, they were approx. 10mm in width whereas the ones I require must be approx 8 mm in width. Length was correct, width was wrong. I would appreciate your immediate attention to this manner as I am out both money and time. Thank you."

Don't know what more I can do at this time but it has become a monumental pita. $15 out of pocket and extremely pissed off. Venting.

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
if nothing else works....call some company that make those...ask them to sell u some without thread and extra long....and cut them and make the thread ur self....hopefully u got the tool for doing that...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Another update-e-mail reply from Trek/Gary Fisher
"Ohh you have the weird ones, the small 8mm.&#63728;&#63728; We no longer have these.
I would try a fork manufacturers fork studs, these are the same in most
cases.

Josh Vick
Gary Fisher/Trek Bicycle Tech Support
josh_vick@trekbikes.com"
I think his title should be changed to Tech Non-Support as the f*cker haf proved as useless as tits on a bull. Woody's grinding idea is getting better and better. Now I'm going outside to yell at the letterbox.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Send him an email back stating that you want a full refund, including shipping, since you provided the appropriate information and it was their fault that you had to pay for the wrong item.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
I love GF/Trek/Klein/Bontrager...

hehehehehehehehhe

Bought too many brand names, huh, Mr. John f-t-world Burke?

bastid.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Send him an email back stating that you want a full refund, including shipping, since you provided the appropriate information and it was their fault that you had to pay for the wrong item.
Yep, I'll definitely get onto it, thanks BV, appreciate your help here. Trouble is, he's Trek America and the bolts were ordered thru Trek Japan so I can see a lot of buck passing in my future.
Anyone with a bolt that they think might help and wanna do the right thing by a monkey, well it would be much appreciated.:cheers:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Pay a machine shop a cee note to fabricate a couple of custom posts in the material of your choice.
Yeah mate, theres a metal shop just down the road here. I've got 2 bosses from an old Rock Shox fork that are the right size but a little long so I might go and see if they'll grind them down to the correct length for me. Anyone see anypotential problems with that idea? Cheers for your help mate, much appreciated.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Latest e-mail. Seems satisfactory.
"
I'll credit the shop for the parts you cant use, so the shop can refund
you $, or give you an instore credit.
Have the shop contact their sales rep to issue the credit of what you
were charged.&#63728; If anyone has any issues, they can contact me though trek
US (since I don't speak japanese)"
I'll believe it when it happens though.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Yeah mate, theres a metal shop just down the road here. I've got 2 bosses from an old Rock Shox fork that are the right size but a little long so I might go and see if they'll grind them down to the correct length for me.
Did this today. Waltzed down to the metal shop and explained to the owner what I needed. He said no probs, whacked it on the machine and bam, not less than a minute later had what I needed. Best part was I asked him how much he said free because he's good mates with my wife's father. You little beauty, now just gotta get Gary Kleinrangerek to sort out my credit/money back. Hallelujah.