Quantcast

A message to YOU: Give up.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Why do you even do this to yourself? You dont really have enough money to just be blowing it on bike parts all the time, somebody always has a ride you want..you're never satisfied. You will never be satisfied. There is always something better, faster, lighter and stronger than YOU will ever own, so why keep torturing yourself?

Think about it. You dont even really like riding that much. Sure, its neat to get out and tool around on a bike, but c'mon...who are we trying to kid here? Are you falling for your own lies? Yeah sure, its a workout, but so is running...why waste all your stupid time, money and worthless life riding a stupid mountain bike? Just quit already. You know your heart really isnt even in it.

And you know what, riding never got you chicks OR made you look cool either. You think that dorky ass helmet ever made somebody say "Sweet! I want to look just like that" No. Of course not. If you're not impressed, and no one else is, why do you keep wasting all your time and money? What's that? Riding is fun? Yeah whatever. You look like you're really having fun with those veins straining out of your neck and your face all bloodshot as you're hoofing it up that bigass hill. It'd be alot easier, more fun and faster on a dirtbike anyway. Just give up. You're not "training" you're putting yourself through hell, for what? Some stupid bragging rights? To look cool in front of people who are obviously also uncool? That's a lofty goal. It simply isnt worth it. Just quit already.

Oh but you got that big trip to moab, huh? Why? Its not going to really even be fun, cause you have to ride that stupid bike the whole time. I dont even see why you waste the cash or the time. What goal do you have here? You are pathetic.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I wish I could approve this thread a hundred times. Best thread EVAR.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'm so confused. Why does everyone hate Rob? Do things get deleted too quickly? Have I missed out on the middle-agers acting like 8th graders noon special?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
blue said:
Have I missed out on the middle-agers acting like 8th graders noon special?
Probably. Don't get banned again and you might see more.

:D

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
blue said:
When I was banned I saw all...it was like a horribly traumatic out of body experience.

You know, 18 year olds drinking doesn't fly, but this **** does?
Um, it wasnt ACTUALLY to rob. It wasnt to anybody in particular, except maybe someone who would take it to heart and give up because they really arent into it.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
BurlyShirley said:
Um, it wasnt ACTUALLY to rob. It wasnt to anybody in particular, except maybe someone who would take it to heart and give up because they really arent into it.
You've motivated me.

I'll be selling all of my bicycles for one of these puppies tomorrow...

Anywho, I retract my previous statement.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BurlyShirley said:
Exactly why I think it should be a sticky.

:thumb:

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
You forgot that bit about being screwed over by the LBS and how Shimano will force new standards down your throat. :) :rofl:

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Skookum said:
These are questions all of us mt. bikers have to one day seriously face. Unless of course you live in Rochester.....:monkey:
Sick, I'm in the clear. But I still have to live in Rochester, you can be the judge of who wins.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
GumbaFish said:
Sick, I'm in the clear. But I still have to live in Rochester, you can be the judge of who wins.
As i understand it, since you live in Rochester you are exempt from all the negative aspects of anything concerning cycling. You are indeed lucky.:)

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Yes but I am subject to all of the negative aspects of living in Rochester, like the high crime rates, lake ontario, and people who say pop instead of soda. Its a delicate balance:rolleyes:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
GumbaFish said:
Yes but I am subject to all of the negative aspects of living in Rochester, like the high crime rates, lake ontario, and people who say pop instead of soda. Its a delicate balance:rolleyes:
You should get rid of that Syracuse on your location. That's like saying "Hey i'm only half awesome...":clue:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I hate cycling too.

P.S. Just got done with 3.5 hour road ride at 9:30pm. Blah...

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
"biking sucks"-superheros (1?or2?or3?)

I'm going to stay home and not go to fontana tomorrow for the national. Maybe I should start playing a sport like soccer... :eek:.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
This post speaks to me. You have captured the very essence of my life. I'm a little verklempt now.

I am goingto smash my bikes with large rocks until there is nothing left but 9/11-pentagon-"airplane"-sized wreckage.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Yeah all you poser A$$ suckers out there! You suck! :mumble:
Quit biking now and give ME all your gear so I can properly dispose of it!:sneaky: