Quantcast

A monopod makes you a PROFESSIONAL!

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Huh?

The worst part was I saw another one, and this was an even *smaller* camera on a monopod. Is there really a reason for this?

Oh, and this is what he was shooting.

Oh, and I don't know what Narlus is always complaining about, shooting bands was EASY!! ;)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
some people with small cameras take better pictures than those with big cameras....

there was a guy at the sonic youth show i went to in atlanta.......big camera...big lense.....looking over his shoulder as he was reviewing the pictures in the display.....sh*t images....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the girl in the gray tank top.....she needs a hair intervention.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
some people with small cameras take better pictures than those with big cameras....

there was a guy at the sonic youth show i went to in atlanta.......big camera...big lense.....looking over his shoulder as he was reviewing the pictures in the display.....sh*t images....
That's why I like my XTi and 100mm f2. Small and (relatively) innocuous, but the 100mm and 1.6x crop really reaches out.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ever notice that a stage is higher than the surface the audience is standing on?

What would come in handy to get the camera up to the level with the performers...hmm...

Maybe a stick of some sort?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Ever notice that a stage is higher than the surface the audience is standing on?

What would come in handy to get the camera up to the level with the performers...hmm...

Maybe a stick of some sort?
Interesting concept, but no, he wasn't using it that way. He was using it like a normal monopod, holding the camera at eye level and looking through the viewfinder.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Interesting concept, but no, he wasn't using it that way. He was using it like a normal monopod, holding the camera at eye level and looking through the viewfinder.
Maybe he's an alcoholic and gets the shakes? Have some compassion man.