Quantcast

A name to watch...

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
With the lifts being open here in Morzine, we have been making the most of riding in the sun.

Yesterday I managed a few runs with a young local girl called Tahnee.

Tahnee has just turned 14 and is quite possibly faster than you. She has been racing a couple years now, both in BMX and DH. She is capable of posting times to be right up there with the senior women.
With the likes of Rachel Atherton and Vanessa Quinn as her mentors, she has the right direction to get to the top of the sport.

We headed back out in the afternoon to shoot a few pics.

Check out her website for whats going on in a future champ's life. There's also a couple of vids on there from MTBCut.

www.followmydream.org

Last edited:

Cordsport

Chimp
Feb 15, 2009
Blue sky and dusty trails, i can't wait to get to the Alps this summer!

Gotta love Super T, she certainly is a pinner.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
soon she will hit puberty, and all will be lost.

Or at least, she will not go as fast as she is going now etc.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Man I miss Morzine... and Les Gets and the whole area, I'd really like to go back. Yeah, I remember seeing some promo materials on Tahnee a few years ago (prolly on Pinkbike), and she was impressive then, I can just imagine what she can uncork now...:shocked: It's nice to see new talent emerge, and get the support it deserves. Thanks for keeping us posted.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
On a similar note, the next big thing from the UK will be daughter of Dragon DH organiser Jason, Manon Carpenter. Bit older than Tahnee, 16 I think, but regularly beating nearly the entire senior (and some elites) women's field at races.