Quantcast

a 'narlus' type reviews the Ford F150...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
so "narlus types" are everyone who is more articulate than you are, n8? :nuts:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I don't know why this is a "narlus-type".

Seems to me it's just a guy that's actually a little bit observant.

The interiors of ford trucks have always been the pits. And the UK is much more friendly to small vehicles.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Skedaddles said:
Fit and finish have never been American Car hallmarks............. :D
Actually I had a Pontiac G6 as a rental last week and I have to say I was extremely impressed. For the 500 miles (very hard miles, it was a rental) I put on it I have to say it felt better than any other car foreign or domestic that I have been in for a while. My only complaint was the location and size of the cruise control buttons. If they have good long term reliability and had a manual tranny as an option I would consider buying one if I was in the market for a new car.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
"most people who go for a walk in the American countryside are eaten by bears, therefore they need a gun rack"

Quote of the day.

I love my ford F150 supercrew XLT.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
SkaredShtles said:
As Shakespeare penned "Ay........ there's the rub!" :D
They'd probably make you pay an extra $2K for that option. :mumble:
Na, that would be less, they charge more for automatics than manuals, if it's even offered.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
SkaredShtles said:
That was my point. It seems that you can't *find* an American car with a stick anymore........

My Chevy truck has a manual. No rattles either. Well I guess it isn't a car but I still love it.

Jan 12, 2005
Lancashire (U.K)
At the end of that video clip when they put it on the 'cool wall', in the Subzero section..........as in cool as f*&k is a Landrover Defender.
Like mine......except mines even cooler as its an ex military, canvas backed 110, with a 2.5NA diesel engine.

Just thought I'd share that with you.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
keeping_it_real said:
At the end of that video clip when they put it on the 'cool wall', in the Subzero section..........as in cool as f*&k is a Landrover Defender.
Like mine......except mines even cooler as its an ex military, canvas backed 110, with a 2.5NA diesel engine.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
keeping_it_real said:

I'd love a D90 but not for taking a long trip in...

Jan 12, 2005
Lancashire (U.K)
Bloody expensive as well in the States, I checked prices when I thought of moving over there with work. I was really shocked-Discovery's and RaRo's are not too bad due to the increased numbers of them but Defenders hold their price well.
I bet that guys face in the yellow 90 above isnt like that when he's fixing it-which would be every weekend if its like mine. But mine was used & abused in the 1st Gulf war. "one carefull lady owner"

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
the numbers don't lie. American cars have more problems pet 100 than Japanese cars. The main problems with American cars is consistentcy. Take two identical cars coming off the assembly line: one will run forever with little shop time, the other will be in the shop every week. The 80's killed GMC's reputation....at least on the left coast.

'Top Gear' is a good show. I like the one where they each bought an old Porsche and had to go thru many challenges and see if they could break even or some damn thing like that....but I digress.

To be fair, that F150 they review is the old body style and who knows how many testers abused it before they got it. Besides, they use 'Quiet Steel' now.....so it's probably so much better now. (thick sarcasm)

We had a brand new Neon delivered to us at school that we were to turn into a hybrid for a competition and the "post-bac students" (the smart ones?) spun the rear main seal and burned out the clutch within the 100 miles showing on the odo.....this was in Bellingham, WA and the only driving done on it there was from the dealership to the school parking lot to do burnouts,so 20 miles maybe?
So, a new car may not be all it seems despite the 'low miles'.