Quantcast

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Shish-Taouk is where it's at:

The pita version kicks ass. Garlic sauce, garlic potatoes, maybe a little tabouli on the side... damn. I'm homesick.

Last edited:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Have fun with that commercial. It'll be harder work than you think. I did a lame model shoot a few years back. It was nothing like i thought it would be. They make you act like you're laughing at the best jokes for every picture and you have to do it over and over and over. Then to the next position. THe only cool thing was that i got to work with gorgeous girls that i would have never met in my life and they probably wouldnt have ever talked to me if they didn't have to. They were way nice though. Tripped me out. I thought they'd be beasts. Ended up the only person that was a prick was the photographer. It was an experience. Pretty long day though. And it was irritating looking at all of this perfect food that we couldn't eat because we had to keep having our pictures taken with it.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Have fun with that commercial. It'll be harder work than you think. I did a lame model shoot a few years back. It was nothing like i thought it would be. They make you act like you're laughing at the best jokes for every picture and you have to do it over and over and over. Then to the next position. THe only cool thing was that i got to work with gorgeous girls that i would have never met in my life and they probably wouldnt have ever talked to me if they didn't have to. They were way nice though. Tripped me out. I thought they'd be beasts. Ended up the only person that was a prick was the photographer. It was an experience. Pretty long day though. And it was irritating looking at all of this perfect food that we couldn't eat because we had to keep having our pictures taken with it.
Been in the bidness for almost a decade now...just behind the cameras. I think I can handle it. ;)

Plus a buddy is the producer & if gives me **** he knows I will give it right back. :D

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I fail to see your point. What does a Spanish word have to do with good Mexican food?

Then again I guess there is Chili Colorado:think:
Everything is the BEST in Colorado....Duh! Haven't you listened to any of SS's posts over the years? :D

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I think you are confusing shawormas with gyros. gyros are like giant sausages on a spit. shaworma is sliced meat on a spit.
Nope...got sickernhell on bad shawormas last trip to the desert. And this was at a "reputable" eatery. My description came straight from the mouth of the medical guys tasked with blessing off on restaraunts...

What kind of "meat" is it? Not unlike the gyro (which I love, btw...) it is a conglomeration of leftover meat...which was not rated good enough to be used elsewhere...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Friends of mine are opening a couple of chicken wing takeout restaurants in Manhattan and Brooklyn NYC. They have offered me a change of career plus a place to live in NYC. I loved living in the village before So I am hoping I can pull off NYC again but this time in Brooklyn..... I make some kick ass wings so I know I can do it... we'll see...

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
What kind of "meat" is it? Not unlike the gyro (which I love, btw...) it is a conglomeration of leftover meat...which was not rated good enough to be used elsewhere...
Don't ruin it for me....:poster_oops:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Friends of mine are opening a couple of chicken wing takeout restaurants in Manhattan and Brooklyn NYC. They have offered me a change of career plus a place to live in NYC. I loved living in the village before So I am hoping I can pull off NYC again but this time in Brooklyn..... I make some kick ass wings so I know I can do it... we'll see...
So now we have Biggins & Falgstaff, Stinkyboy & Nebraska, DirtMcgrit & africa and now you & Brooklyn. My money is on you.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
As soon as we are living off the grid in a house made of straw bales you will be forgotten. :cheers:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
That sub actually looked pretty tasty. Damn, I am good. :D

I wanted to do the SNL trick of the tube taht sprays "vomit" out of my sleeve, but that wasn't in the budget (which was $0 hence the amateur talent).