Quantcast

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I am going to be in a commercial for a Shawerma joint here in town.
I am either going to look like an ass (likely) or have agents calling me non-stop once the spot hits the air.

But yeah, it is about time this gorgeous face of mine started to pay off. biggrin:

At least I might get a free shawerma out of the deal plus maybe some local fame. :rolleyes:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
How come American fast food....
It is crap.

The angle is...I am a college student with a sub, i look disgusted at it & then it magically turns into a Shawarma (or however the hell you spell it) & I am then stoked.

Maybe I need a hipster gaza strip scarf. :disgust:
Something tells me that may offend the client.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I like Del taco. I like subway and quiznos. I love In N Out. I have a weakness for Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich. Other than that. Meh.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I like Del taco. I like subway and quiznos. I love In N Out. I have a weakness for Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich. Other than that. Meh.
I will devour a veggie Chicago dog from here. Also I am a sucker for a good fish sandwich or a nice sub (not subway though). But that is about it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Best Mexican food I have ever had was in the middle of Nebraska.

It only takes one good chef to make good food.

Last edited:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
You can get shawarmas in Wisconsin? :rofl:
You should know mid-western boy....there are tons of middle-eastern people out here. I think there are more in Michigan per capita than any other state.

You should also know that I am going sniff out the best ethnic food (I tried the place after they opened & had some kick ass grub there) where ever the hell I am.

How about in CO...many shawerma places?

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I think I am going to wear my RM dh jersey for the shoot. It is the only jersey I have & jerseys are what the "typical college" guy would wear right?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You should know mid-western boy....there are tons of middle-eastern people out here. I think there are more in Michigan per capita than any other state.
Yeah - but Wisconsin is a LONG way from Detroit.

How about in CO...many shawerma places?
There are probably a few... but I don't really get too excited about shawarmas to be honest. There's a place in Golden that serves up some pretty decent chow:

http://www.alibabagrill.com/

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Shawarmas are the ME equvalent of Spam...lips and hooves, but of camels.
I think you are confusing shawormas with gyros. gyros are like giant sausages on a spit. shaworma is sliced meat on a spit.