Quantcast

A new Hub that many will want!

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
This is for the new generation 15mm axle forks
No brake mounts, the body is 6061 and the cones-spacer 7075.

Soon i will have the pricing.
Contact me for any further info that you may need

now this is the new 20mm version! for all you 15mm detractors!

And this are going to be the aviable colours for all the hubs (pictured is the 10mm version)

And the rear is only 320grams and features a 7075 alloy female axle, 3 oversized bearings (two on the drive side.
comes in 32 or 36 and woks with 13-14 and 15T freewheels

:thumb:

I'll be shipping a small batch of this hubs to US whithin next 2 weeks

Last edited:

mattt

Monkey
Jul 21, 2009
texas
Who makes a 15 mil jump fork besides that new 830$ fox fork...?

Id buy that if it were 20mm though fosho...

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
very nice. if i had 15mm drops i would be on this hub.

who makes the hub? edit* Stooges i guess...

i'm liking the 15 mm fox forks, not the price though.

Last edited:

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Ugh, won't this 15mm BS die already?

Don't get me wrong, it's cool that you're making a hub. It looks nice and I respect the effort. I just hate the fact that fox is pushing a useless in-between standard. The weight savings are negligible.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006

Don't get me wrong, it's cool that you're making a hub. It looks nice and I respect the effort. I just hate the fact that fox is pushing a useless in-between standard. The weight savings are negligible.
I think we should go with 17.5mm. I agree 20mm is fine.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
^^^^ lol I agree, 20mm has been fine this whole time. But hell if they make it and people buy it good for them. Just as long as they keep 20mm I'm kewl.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I am usually totally against these new standards, hell isnt trek going to a 142mm spacing next year for it's FR line? Retarded...

I am actually for the 15mm for xc and dj, the forks dont need to have 36mm tubes for dj and xc and if we can kill the qr standard with 15mm it would be awesome (this coming from a guy with 36's on all of his bikes except dh). I think this is a good one...Fox is nuts trying to get the dj crowd to buy into an $850 fork, and i am a huge fox fan but i will never shell out that amount of bread even at industry pricing.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia

Ok, man you are not obligated to buy one, but 20mm axle standart was created arround long travel Downhill forks.
This is a new standart for people that care about weight, and want the lastest.
Plus it looks sleek....

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Ok, man you are not obligated to buy one, but 20mm axle standart was created arround long travel Downhill forks.
This is a new standart for people that care about weight, and want the lastest.
Plus it looks sleek....
I know it's a new standard intended for 'people who want the latest'. You've hit the nail on the head. It's a new standard which fox is forcing on the market to get people to buy the latest and greatest.

Bigger diameter doesn't always mean heavier. Most 1.5" forks are lighter than their 1-1/8" counterparts. A larger diameter allows you to achieve the same stiffness with thinner tube walls.

I was also being nice by not pointing out that you're spamming the forum with advertising for your cheap chinese crap product.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I was also being nice by not pointing out that you're spamming the forum with advertising for your cheap chinese crap product.
Well, now you are missing the nail's head here, w00dy... This isn't Chinese crap. Stooges is an artisan-driven Argentinian brand, powered by a couple of guys who put a lot of effort in trying to get the best products they can. Just for you to know, each product (bars, stems, hubs, a street steel frame, just to mention a few ones) has extensive testing in the field before they hit the stores. Just the frame alone spent almost three years being tested and refined by the Stooges' team pilots before the brand owners decided it was good enough to put it out.

I don't want to get into a fight here, but hey, man, it's OK for you to love your country. Just don't think USA it's the only place where a decent product can be brought to life. Or don't assume just because a product is cheap in price it has to be Chinese. That's just being silly. Exchange rates make the things easier four you there in the North, and human work is cheaper here in the South, that's all.

On the other hand, I DO think 15QR it's just another way to force us to upgrade/update without reason. Market segmentation gives the big boys (such as Shimano or Fox) the perfect excuse to raise the price of nearly everything. And now, to make it worse, German brands are pushing a new standard for the rear axle/hub:12x142 or 10x142, with a thru axle. Makes me wonder how easily or hard is going to be to get a new set of hubs if they do break...

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
My apologies. I stand corrected.

Patan is the name of a place near the india/china border. I made an assumption. I was wrong.
"Patan" is also the name given here in South America to Muttley, Dick Dastardly's dog of the shows "Dastardly and Muttley in their Flying Machines" and "Wacky Races". I don't want to speak for Fernando here, but I bet he has chosen his nickname fot that reason.

Peace, and pleasant rides. Oh, and my best wishes for the new year to come.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
My apologies. I stand corrected.

Patan is the name of a place near the india/china border. I made an assumption. I was wrong.
It is all good man! i don't like china made products either.
Always that my pocket allows me, i try to get parts from small rider owned companies that produce in their house.
cheers!