Quantcast

A new method for learning tables?

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
So I was trying to get my table on yesterday and I kept thinking it was all in the legs -- tucking them under properly. Then I got bored of trying to do a table and decided to just do a bar-turn and guess what came out: a perfect table.

Discuss...

ps: Does this mean I am back riding dirt jumps? Yes, it does.

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
Where in Aus are you?

Sounds like a decent way to do it anyway. Alternatively you can just lie flat on your back and hold your bike up in the air and practice that way :)

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
i personally see it like riding a sport bike,, counter steering.. turn the bars the opposite way you wanna lean bike over. turn right lean lean left and vice versa. Its a combination of kicking the bike up and flat as well as pushing the bars down to get it flatter.

rzakt

Chimp
Jun 23, 2005
Co
Yeah its definetly in the arms. If you are throwing a table to the left you want to take your left hand and try and tuck it under your right armpit. Then push your right hand down. That will get the bike moving towards a nice table and the more you tuck your legs the flater you will get your bike. Keep practicing and develop your own style. Oh ya watch lots of bmx videos those guys have style for days.

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
rzakt said:
Yeah its definetly in the arms. If you are throwing a table to the left you want to take your left hand and try and tuck it under your right armpit. Then push your right hand down. That will get the bike moving towards a nice table and the more you tuck your legs the flater you will get your bike. Keep practicing and develop your own style. Oh ya watch lots of bmx videos those guys have style for days.
By "table to the left" do you mean that the wheels will end up on your left side?

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
Albury/Wodonga

Pretty much the best riding anywhere. So many skateparks, jumps, trails, lift-assisted resorts...
ahahaha yeah... you're at least 3 hours from either of the lift assisted joints.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
a friend of mine's school teacher is from aus and he downhills with him regularly in ontario.

he said there were some great trails where you could take a train to the top of the mountain.

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
Yeah, in Adelaide there is a spot where you can do that. Train-shuttling is awesome, wish there were spots round here (Melbourne) where you could do stuff like that... damn flat city.