Quantcast

A new must-have in your toolbox

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
I just cleaned my muddy bikes w/ a Super Soaker. I had a couple of those really big Max6000s as me and my ex had a lot of water fights. I thougth I give it a try to blow some dirt off my bikes. Worked great! The best part is you can use warm water when it's 40 degrees out like I just did :D

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
rpk1988 said:
Hey I just washed my bike the other day with soap and water....sh!t
You should be fine.

That is a good idea, it is a bitch to hook up the hose when it is cold out, because i gotta turn the pipes on, hook up the hose, then drain the hose and pipes so they dont crack. Why didnt i think of this before. :think:

D

d-sop

rpk1988 said:
Its nice out here and its dry in my garage. So no rust. I used compressed air to blow out the major parts.
air compressors kick ass. i made air/water-powered rockets out of empty water bottles. sooooooooo sweet.

ive never really cleaned my bike, except for huge-ass mud rides; my bike's very dirty. i dont wanna clean it.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Let's see, reason to clean your bike:
1) chainring/chain/cassette wear. If you run XTR, it's like a $250.00+ proposition to change those items. Lube is your friend whereas dirt isn't.
2) the ability to examine frame for damage/cracking (reads snappin' of headtubes at high speeds can be bad for your dental equipment) If you clean you bike you might see if a prob is developing.
3) riding weight. The weight of your bike is inversely proportional to the weight of your wallet. So you spend all this hard earn'd cash to get your bike light. Then you get it all muddy and never clean it. Now you're riding w/ 5 extra pounds of mud stuck to your frame....hummm
4) Super Soakers are only $5.00, $7.00 for one of those big ones. You can save water, have a clean bike, and have something you can have water fights on bikes w/ :thumb:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
d-sop said:
air compressors kick ass. i made air/water-powered rockets out of empty water bottles. sooooooooo sweet.

ive never really cleaned my bike, except for huge-ass mud rides; my bike's very dirty. i dont wanna clean it.
Haha, we have air compressors at the shop I work at and we like to shoot valve caps at each other. Give it a try sometime. Haha.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
rpk1988 said:
Haha, we have air compressors at the shop I work at and we like to shoot valve caps at each other. Give it a try sometime. Haha.
After a hard day nothing feels better than sticking the air compressor in your shoes and squeezing the trigger. I swear, its heaven Oh yeah, you can get a little more 'creative' of where to cool off other parts of your body when using the compressor. :p :monkey: balls