Quantcast

a one-in-a-million boy scout

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
So is the point that a kid snapped and killed his family and that this is an alarming trend amongst today's youth or the 8 word sentence that mentioned the fact he was close to being awarded his Eagle Scout?

Typical attention whore media ploy by posting an attention grabbing headline.

I doubt Boy Scouts was the facotr in him killing his family.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
true. if his parents had the foresight of this day, maybe they would have chosen to abort him.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Are 45th trimester abortions legal in Maryland? hindsight is 20/20, unless you are dead. I doubt you can see much at that point.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
^^^ yeah, while he might not teach them showtunes, rock-n-roll can be just as dangerous:
Take me to the room where the red's all red
Take me out of my head-'s what I said yeah
Hey take me to the room where the green's all green
And from what I've seen it's hot it's mean

-Gonna use my stack
-It's gotta be Mack
-Gonna get me on the track
-Got a dragon on my back

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've told this story before but a dude in my high school woke up early one morning, murdered his whole family then caught the bus to school. He was 15 at the time, tried as an adult. He's been taking it from a celly for 20 years now and rightfully so will not see life outside of prison rape unless he lives past 105 years.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I've told this story before but a dude in my high school woke up early one morning, murdered his whole family then caught the bus to school. He was 15 at the time, tried as an adult. He's been taking it from a celly for 20 years now and rightfully so will not see life outside of prison rape unless he lives past 105 years.
As long as they keep this guy in jail that will keep everyone safe but I doubt he is mentally healthy. Using a prison for the mentally ill is a problem in the US. For those that are mentally ill and commit less heinous crimes a jail isn't the right tool for the job.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Using a prison for the mentally ill is a problem in the US.
what country do you think is the model, or at least closer to an optimal solution?
syadasti said:
For those that are mentally ill and commit less heinous crimes a jail isn't the right tool for the job.
do you suggest one of VB's double-enders?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As long as they keep this guy in jail that will keep everyone safe but I doubt he is mentally healthy. Using a prison for the mentally ill is a problem in the US. For those that are mentally ill and commit less heinous crimes a jail isn't the right tool for the job.

He went through a psychological examination before they tried him as an adult, it wasn't like it was texas and a mob just strung him up.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
He went through a psychological examination before they tried him as an adult, it wasn't like it was texas and a mob just strung him up.
How could a sane person decide one day to kill his whole family?

As far as mental health goes, addressing the problem would include universal healthcare and public awareness. Acknowledging mental care as an important part of regular healthcare - mentally ill people get sick more often.

Improving our education system would help both mental health and economic health rather than the current programs which seem to leave our nation's children behind the rest of the developed world.

Our current mental health problems are comparable to our nation's worst health problem - cardiovascular disease.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Because he's an evil sane person.
The courts have often declared people sane when the accused are mentally ill. The mentally retarded for example. Law has changed to reflect this:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/06/20/scotus.executions/

Our current health system for the most part ignores the mentally ill until they commit crimes and we throw them jail instead of treatment. There is the misconception that is cheaper until the problem gets worse and they cause more problems for society when they get out of jail again and again.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
do you suggest one of VB's double-enders?
Just remember kids, when sodomising your parents the optimal length for a double ender is 18 inches. I'd also suggest some kind of benzodiazapine cocktail for the relaxation of the sphincter muscle.
I can't believe they don't teach these things in scout camp anymore, what use are all those f*cken knots if you don't know what to do after they're bound and gagged.