Quantcast

A Photo shoot with MBA

splat

Nam I am
Got a message about needing to show a Photographer from Mt. Bike action around vietnam, at first it was suppose to be for minday night , but last night plans changed and it became Friday after noon. So , I road my Bike to work, told teh Boss I was taking a half a day vacation a,d left at Noon. I rode home , when I got Home I immediatly switched Bikes to teh Mt bike and off I went to meet up with the group.

We Got the MBA photographer a Demo Bike from Milford Bike ., and the group of us went into teh woods , the group was me , IF_rider , Silver turtle , Justin, Dane , Bullit rider , Jeff ( the owner of Milford Bike ) and the MBA Photographer.

I tried to sanp off a fwew pics , but most of mine came out horribly . I think it has something to do with dropping the camera in the lake 2 weeks ago.

any way , he had a Canno 20D, 2 slave flash units and a bunch of lens.

Here SHotting IF_rider going over a rock , Jeff and My self are holding the flash units , being Grips per say.

Justin, going off of the fram twister ( again, I'm a grip )

Dane Tried to do a no hander off teh drop and slammed his front end in and did an OTB , required a wheel straightening

Dane doing a Bar spin

Justin , Just about completly clearing the tranny

On Blind faith

UF_ride flying off ofthe follow through rock.

Justin and Dane went off of blind faith side by side ,its too bad my shot didn't come out , I hope his do!!

and fianlly Justing flying through the air on the jump by the exit ramp

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
hahahaha that #4 pose is awesome. I hope I never look like that when I'm out shooting!! ORANGUTANG

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Thanks man. The ride reports have been getting thin, or so it seem, since Im laid up on teh couch. I need RIDING CONTENT!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Cool, but I think MBA employs the worst photographers.

BAH should work for them, then I would buy the magazine.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
stevew said:

BAH should work for them, then I would buy the magazine.
true.

but bah's too busy shooting for paying gigs... hanging w/ models & rock stars :) ... and riding that funny bicycle ;)

splat

Nam I am
Quo Fan said:
So what kind of rider was the pro photog? Was he good? Did he try anything after shoting it?
He wasn't a Bad rider , but was kind of hard to tell with the Large Bag full of photo equipment on.

MMcG said:
what kinda story are they doing? Or is this the new East Coast MBA wrecking crew? ;)
They are doing a Story on riding in the New England

Heidi said:
Cool gig, did he tell you when the shots when be in print?
he said the enxt issue , but I'm sure he means the next one they send to print . but they have some deadline like 10 days From now to get all the information in.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
stevew said:
Yup, but you get what you pay for. I am glad to see that MBA has upgraded to SLRs tho. I think BIKE has the best images and coincidentaly their sister publication SURFER as has kickass photos, and both mags actually pay their photogs decent wages.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
maxyedor said:
Yup, but you get what you pay for. I am glad to see that MBA has upgraded to SLRs tho. I think BIKE has the best images and coincidentaly their sister publication SURFER as has kickass photos, and both mags actually pay their photogs decent wages.
True to that, but have you checked out the Surfers Journal?:drool: :drool: :drool:
as far as a publication goes that could be the best one out there! every issue is like a coffee table book! I hate to even read the thing and get my paw prints all over it!

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
stevew said:
that's the most ignorant thing i've ever heard. jon kerr (the mba photographer in this case) is actually one of the sickest photographers in our sport. he's been involved with mtn biking since before most people on this board were born and his photographs are so technically dialed it's ludicrous. just b/c mba chooses a certain "style" that we may think is lame doesn't mean their photographers are the "worst".

and the "good thing mba has upgraded to slr" comment is the 2nd most ignorant thing i've ever heard.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
©2001 said:
that's the most ignorant thing i've ever heard. jon kerr (the mba photographer in this case) is actually one of the sickest photographers in our sport. he's been involved with mtn biking since before most people on this board were born and his photographs are so technically dialed it's ludicrous. just b/c mba chooses a certain "style" that we may think is lame doesn't mean their photographers are the "worst".

and the "good thing mba has upgraded to slr" comment is the 2nd most ignorant thing i've ever heard.
Okay.

While his work for other magazines may be great, visually unappealing comes to mind when I see pictures in MBA.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I'll totally back what Spomer said above. John Ker is straight up the shiz and has been around this game for an eon. He is largely responsible for laying the foundation for the photo side of our both bmx and mtn bikes and is the sensei for a lot of the other top bike photographers out there. MBA might be a dorky mag but John Ker gets props from me anytime!

-ska todd

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
ska todd said:
I'll totally back what Spomer said above. John Ker is straight up the shiz and has been around this game for an eon. He is largely responsible for laying the foundation for the photo side of our both bmx and mtn bikes and is the sensei for a lot of the other top bike photographers out there. MBA might be a dorky mag but John Ker gets props from me anytime!

-ska todd
I still think Bob Osborn was the best BMX photog ever but Ker is up there for sure and deserves lots of credit. Plus, after seeing Joe Kidd on a Stingray it looks like Ker is holding up a little better than The Wiz.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I still think Bob Osborn was the best BMX photog ever but Ker is up there for sure and deserves lots of credit. Plus, after seeing Joe Kidd on a Stingray it looks like Ker is holding up a little better than The Wiz.
The Wiz kicked ass!!!! BMX Action ruled!!!

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
Cool shots. Great experience going out with a pro like that for a photo shoot.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be looking for the story.