Quantcast

A picture I found

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
I just found this picture from the place I was living and working last summer. The rest of the pictures are gone. I'll get more in a few months.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
It's a little bit west of Ward, CO. Those mountains are part of the continental divide. For anyone around here who might know the area, all the snow/ice in the upper left is Arapahoe Glacier (sp?).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
thats beautiful?

Do you have the full size picture you could send me?

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
That IS nice! You can find little high mountain ponds like that all over CO tho. I've been to several like that in the Mt Zirkel wilderness area: Lake Katherine, Rainbow Lake... They're all super worthy hikes :D

Edit: Wanna know what it's like to swim in Alaskan waters? Jump in one of those lakes and watch your manhood turn into an innie...lol!

EditII: I'll see if I can dig my digi-cam pics up of those two lakes in the Zirkels too. I'll post some linkyz tonight if I find them

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
Pau11y said:
Edit: Wanna know what it's like to swim in Alaskan waters? Jump in one of those lakes and watch your manhood turn into an innie...lol!

EditII: I'll see if I can dig my digi-cam pics up of those two lakes in the Zirkels too. I'll post some linkyz tonight if I find them

for edit 1: I'll just trust you on that one
for edit 2: try to find whatever you can to post in here. I'll see what I can dig up and I'll post more in this thread. Who knows, this might turn into a semi permenant thing if more people post pictures. That could be cool.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
T0mo said:
uh, I'll see if I can get up there sometime in the winter, if not, that's all I have left until summer.
you talking to me? That pic you have linked is the higest res one you have?

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
yeah, that's the highest res. one I have. I was trying to get pictures of as much of that area as I could for my family, so I kept the size and resolution small/low to save some space on the camera.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm looking for some good B&W to hang in this nice picture frame I have at home.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
I'll see what I can do in the next couple weeks as far as getting some high res pics. The only thing is that the avalanche danger is so dang high right now, I'm kinda scared to go anywhere cool.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
T0mo said:
I'll see what I can do in the next couple weeks as far as getting some high res pics. The only thing is that the avalanche danger is so dang high right now, I'm kinda scared to go anywhere cool.
dude, dont worry about it really..... I'm sure I can find some stuff. THanks!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Check it. Somewhere in Montana.
nice but I'm all about black and white.

Man I can get a print from the National Art Gallery for $150 for a 11X14. I wish I had money to throw around.....

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
ito said:
More please? Those shots are beautiful...I'm adding those to my list of places to go now....it's getting long.

The Ito
I know I promised some of those high mountain lake ones. But, I think I nuked them 'cause they mostly had my ex-chic in them (biatch). I'll dig around, it maybe on my server.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
i have some very nice photos of the wind rivers that id like to post, but the ridemonkey server says that there too big. Too bad, there reallly good.