Quantcast

A playful poll-- Downieville or Leadville qualifier.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I'm just going to have some fun with this one. Now, before you reply, yes, I know if I was to win lottery, this question would not even exist. That being said.........

August hosts 2 events I want to do in a BIG way, Downieville xc and the Leadville qualifier at Northstar. I can only budget for one ($$$ and time off), so which should it be?

Downieville-- On most bucket lists, about a 2hr drive from home, shortest mileage event of the 2, have done twice (improved time and would like to break 4hrs next time I do it), and let's face it-- just a beautiful area.

Leadville/Northstar qualifier-- Did last year, hit all 3 goals I set, about an hour from home, longest mileage of the 2, Northstar is where my riding for Alaina began (2003's 24Hrs of Tahoe by Granny Gear), and have a slightly bigger "pull" because of this.

Cost is about $10 difference. Main hiccup will be time off, as August is a busy month for Tahoe and work.

What say the RM Collective?????

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Downieville, I'm going to be there with sanjuro just drinking beer and hanging out. Definitely a race to do over a leadville qualifier

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Leadville. Far harder to get into and far more gratifying if you earn the buckle.