Quantcast

A plea to parents everywhere:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
As a teacher and a grad-school TA, we use AIM to communicate through "virtual office hours" and I have found it quite useful. I don't believe that this should be a child's only means of communication...they should get out (step away from the computer) and meet people in person as well. I really don't think AIM is awful when it's supervised and the kids are taught that there's a time and a place for "AIM Lingo".

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
loco said:
Oh - you live at the school. I get it. I thought you meant that you would ride instead of taking English classes (the one that I notice you had better not skip). :D
Im actually doing really well in english... i think a 95 at the best... but just because it is wicked easy!

J

JRB

priceseliger14 said:
Im actually doing really well in english... i think a 95 at the best... but just because it is wicked easy!
One of 2 things must have happened. You might be really smart and just digress here (which I doubt, because we are all pseudo intellectuals here) or you have one dumb ass English teacher that thinks in IM.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
We are breeding a generation of kids that will have absolutely no skills and can't even communicate in the English language. They will all work for one dollar an hour for those of us that can spell, and we will become filthy rich. What is the problem?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ridemonkey said:
We are breeding a generation of kids that will have absolutely no skills and can't even communicate in the English language. They will all work for one dollar an hour for those of us that can spell, and we will become filthy rich. What is the problem?
This Ridemonkey dude has a point. Keep it up, kiddies! :thumb:

-S.S.-

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Ridemonkey said:
exactly, suburban eubonics.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Austin Bike said:
In Zurich the hotel clerk spoke no less than 5 languages to different people while I was checking in. It may have been 6 but my german is really rusty so I couldn't tell if there was another dialect in there, the others were pretty clear.
the other language was probably swiss.

;)

btw - i forgot to add spain in that list of places we took the kids too. but, and it's a big qualifier, we were living in europe already, so it's only a 1-2 hr flight to get to different places rather than crossing an ocean. and to the other poster (ET SoCal?), you are right, it does take $$$. but you can still do it w/o having to blow yr whole savings. just budget appropriately.