Quantcast

A point well made?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The UCI itself may be not for profit, but i can guarantee you that their employees get paid very well, and get taken care of very well. No expense is spared for hotels, food, special events etc. It's easy to make no profit when you blow all of your extraneous funds on luxuries...

Yea the whole non-profit is kinda BS from employee point of view. Most of the sport union officials quite a full live. I remember when my old man used to work in the same building as the National Olimpic Union - for a non profit org they were sure having a lot parties (as often as 5 times a week). Also I remember seeing a budget of one org and it was bonkers what some of the money was spent (ie. huuuge budget for gifts).

Edit: Also, WC racing has a long ways to go until its a viable mainstream broadcast sport. They really need to figure out that if they want TV coverage, they need to stop pussyfooting around and make courses that are conducive to filming. None of this "slow technical" garbage. Fast, wide open, steep trails. Something like the Les Gets worlds course a few years back. Average speeds of 35 mph+, 50 foot doubles, massive fade away step downs. Average grades of 30%, 15-20+ ft wide courses, big berms that let you carry speed, blazing fast rock gardens, etc. Why is that so hard?
Agree with Gemini here 100%. WC trails are closer to that anyway (compared to local stuff) but in some cases there is still room to develop. I like that even though Im pretty sure I cant jump 50 foot doubles ;)

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
god knows the UCi has done **** all to promote the dh side of the sport, I'd argue that over the past few years it's precisely the race vids and coverage through all the various media utlets, including team vids, that's done so much to really push excitement for dh racing. and when push comes to shove with those guys (UCI), it's take take take as much as they can...

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
My question would be. How do they do it for all the UCI BMX races and the UCI BMX Worlds? If anything there should be a standard across the board for them to stand by so everyone knows what to expect.

Cecil