Quantcast

a positive turn to the weekend

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
So I came to Dallas this weekend to chill with Justin. I left the grreeat town of huntsville without my bike. (stupid, yes i know). The weather in Huntsville was gross so i assumed it would be likewise in Dallas. So i arrive in dallas noticing blue skies and a forecast of 70 on sunday, I immediately wanted to kick myself. So i was left in the perdicament...ride a hardrock sport..or spend $90 to rent a bike that might ride like my stumpjumper. So today i called plano cycling to see what they had, i get there and they had a brand new Stumpjumper FSR expert test bike. i decided it was worth the money since its the newer model of mine...i go to the counter and they were like how does 20 dollars sound and you can just return it monday...

what a weekend turned amazing..i get to ride tomorrow...

ride hard everyone

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I am going to wake up tomorrow, eat some leftover blacked cajun wings, and go for a ride in the snow. I'm psyched.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
It sure does in NY. Packed snowmobile trail rides rock.

Plus, someone is bringing one of these to play with.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
In my short experience riding around a ktrak found it to be heavy and slow.

In snow I've found the best weapon is the Pugsley, they're super fun.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Not impressed. The tread is crazy heavy, and takes a lot of effort to move. It also makes the handling very slow. The rear of the bike just wants to keep going straight. I might be interested in giving it a try again if conditions don't allow for wheels, but if I can use a good 'ol wheel on the back, I'll do that.

The ski front was a different story though. It made moving quite a bit easier, since it floated on top well, and kept you from having to plow the front wheel through the snow. Handling was a little odd, until you got the hang of it, but once you figured out that you really just need to lean, and do very little turning of the handlebars, it worked very well.

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
im goin for a mud ride tomorrow. The only rain we get all year round happened to come right after i got all my new parts im excited to try. So time for a muddy ride i guess.