neophytes will not hurt themselves
on it. Here the prayers of
your people oh merciful
Galbraith gods.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
You might want to offer up some sort of sacrifice to your gods. Word has it that whole last section is being drastically re-routed.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Can anyone post some pics of Galbraith stunts? Ive wanted to stop there on our trip back from Whistler for the last few years and have never had time.

jaap

Chimp
Nov 8, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Here's the latest about new re-routes on Galby for less road and more trail...

Posted on RideGalbraith.com

We proposed and were approved for 2 freeride routes on the Southside of galby - we plan on dialing them in over the next couple of years (or less) depending on how much help we have.

They are:

- Evo./Scorp
- PT
- The Luge
- then a new trail from the botom of the luge to the gate (starting on the North side of the HUGE drainage)

- Trail from the lookout/12 monkeys area connecting to Mullet
- Mullet
- New trail dropping into the top of CCWR - replacing lower Mullet (Trillium is going to send in a crew to deck through the swamp area)
- CCWR - with a couple of reroutes(1 completed), a wallride...
- Safety break with a reroute to drop right to the top of meth lab
- Meth Lab

Our goal is for connectivity, so more singletrack and less road ridin. Also, more jumps, flow and stunts.

All of this takes volunteer labor and we have 5 official (and a number of unofficial) work parties left this year. If you are interested in helping out, contact hawk or myself.

If you want any other information let us know,

peace

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
work party this weekend I believe too. will be workin on ccwr reroutes if the report on ridegalbraith is correct. If anybody wants a ride from the seattle/everett area drop me a pm.

personally, I'm super stoked for the last item on #1 posted above. I've been saying we need a trail there for as long as I've been riding that hill. hopefully it can get started soon.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I just need to move to Bellingham. I actully got a job offer today in Bellingham!! They actually called me and offered me the position. Its a better job, better pay, and about 7-10 minutes from Galbraith.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Mullet gap isn't SUPER huge...15-20 ft range. It is a little out of context for that particular trail as most of it is all about the tires being closer to the ground. I think the fact that it's after a blind corner doesn't help its cause.
Been almost a couple of months since I've been up that way - getting anxious to see what it's looking like nowadays!

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
I just need to move to Bellingham. I actully got a job offer today in Bellingham!! They actually called me and offered me the position. Its a better job, better pay, and about 7-10 minutes from Galbraith.
Sweet, what company? 7-10 minute ride or drive?

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Yeah that's about right for the North side. Galbraith can be accessed from two sides, the North and the South side. You can get to the North side from the north part of town (that's where the Walmart is located) in about 10 minutes but its probably more like 15 minutes unless there's no traffic.

I personally wouldn't want to live in the North part of town. I work probably 4-5 blocks from Walmart and I live in the south side of town. It takes me about 10 minutes to get to work but only 5 minutes to get to Galby on the South side, about 10 minutes for the North side. Of course everything depends on where you actually live. Good luck with your decision.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I talked it over with the wife and she just doesnt want to move. She likes snow and winter. I hate it. I want to ride my bike year around. Maybe a trip to B-ham would convince her.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Does it rain all winter? How often can you ride in the winter?

How are the summers? Does is rain a lot too?

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
I talked it over with the wife and she just doesnt want to move. She likes snow and winter. I hate it. I want to ride my bike year around. Maybe a trip to B-ham would convince her.
Just tell her she can have all the snow she wants at Mt. Baker but without the hassle of having to shovel it and drive in it every day. Also it does snow here generally once or twice during the winter, sometimes more, so you do get to see snow in the lowlands as well.

-FLUIDRIDE-

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
Dude, the two years I lived in the Ham, I lived off Electric ave. 5 blocks from the northside entrance of Galby.
I worked at Softride, just across and down Guide-Meridian from Wallyworld. I commuted to work on the roadbike in 20 min. year round (aside from 2-3 times when it snowed in town). And I rode Galbys year round as well. Galbraith is definitely full season accessable. It's killer in the winter, I actually preferred it.

What about rain in the summer and winter?

little known secret about the NDub is it doesn't rain as much as everybody likes to think.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
What about rain in the summer and winter?
A lot of gray days in the winter, including rainy days. It gets wet but there are plenty of days when you can go riding without rain if you watch the weather forecast. Summer is not bad at all, usually not much rain and plenty of sun. Winter gets you wet trails. Sun gets you dusty trails. The best days to ride are one day after rain, when the trails are packed, but not muddy, and in the freezing days of winter when the trails are frozen. Also remeber that Galbraith isnt the only place in town to go riding.

I totally suggest moving here, at least for the reasons of biking.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
there's nothin like summer in the northwest! you can't ever be so stoked as you can be livin the dream on the patio on a warm july evening! **** yeah I love it in the summer!

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
There are some other locations that require some driving but can be shuttled and have much better stuff in the way of jumps and stunts than Galby. I won't name these places on the internet as the builders have requested to keep stuff on the DL. In fact I've probably said too much already.

There are some other places around town to ride but they are generally not as good as Galby, such as Chuckanut. The riding there and other places is probably more like all mountain.

Also remember that Canada is only 20-40 minutes away depending on where you live. That's where the real riding is and I'm not just talking about the North Shore. There's the Woodlot, Vedder, Ledgeview, and a few more lesser known places. Plus in the summer Whistler is only about 3-4 hrs and Silverstar is about 4-5 hrs.

ichiwan

Chimp
May 2, 2007
anyone know what the current conditions are? has any of the snow melted? looked like a ski resort a few weeks ago...

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
ridden there every day this week

which has been even more freaking awesome, bc i have had the whole mtn to myself for the most part....unlike this weekend, which will probably be a complete poopshow :(

ichiwan

Chimp
May 2, 2007
ridden there every day this week

which has been even more freaking awesome, bc i have had the whole mtn to myself for the most part....unlike this weekend, which will probably be a complete poopshow :(
how wet is it? any snow?

Urinal Mint

Monkey
Oct 10, 2003
Washington
Where else close to Galby has good riding? FR/DH type riding?
You gotta convince your lady to move...Montana is nice, but it's got sh*t going on for economy...I can't wait to get out of Missoula! Also, there isn't THAT much snow in Montana...far less than the mountains around Bellingham. I mean seriously, Baker got 220" of snowfall in December alone... My lease runs up May 31st, then Bellingham here I come! I still need to find a job though...I'm starting a photog business out there, but I will definitely need a day job until that takes off.

All I think about is endless mountain biking this summer in Bham, Loops, Kelowna, Squamish, Whistler etc...all just a day-trip away.