Quantcast

A public service announcement

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I don't know why I left it on there. The cranks and BB were leftovers from years past and I just wanted to put together a jumpbike cheaply.

Well.......right as I'm landing one jump, compressing and popping off of the lip of the next, I feel my left foot slip. I continue to make it to the landing (about 18-20 ft from the takeoff lip) except, now instead of being on my bike, I'm on my shoulder. I knew as soon as I took off what had happened.

Please. Friends don't let friends dirt jump on square tapers.

If ya got'em. Throw'em away.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
That sucks, you ok?
I beat on an already separated shoulder but 3 advil and a beer seem to be helping. I think I'm alright. Just need to make friends with the xc bike and some ice for a few days.

It's always interesting to be in the air long enough to know that you're about to kill yourself but can't do anything about it. Reminds me of snowboarding/skiing.;) Thanks for asking.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
dude that sucks. i havent experieced this death feeling yet, but im pretty much sure that it is one of the craappiest feelings ever.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Acadian
you're gnar man! but that is definitely scary!!

I'll be using square taper on my new trail bike...but no way in hell I would run them on a DJ bike. Heck even Ti BB's scare me for some reason...

get well soon bro!
I've got a box of square tapers and old cranks. You can have them. I'm going cold turkey after this.

God I hate getting old. I just eat a bowl of advil with milk over it for breakfast these days. mmmmmmmmm vitamin I