Quantcast

A question for an american

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
Right berfore i start this question does not come from me it comes from a mate who doesn't shut up so burly shirly dont moan at me. My mate wants to no why do americans right the date as 06/16/06
instead of puting the day first 16/06/06.

jason :help:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
ukjason said:
Right berfore i start this question does not come from me it comes from a mate who doesn't shut up so burly shirly dont moan at me. My mate wants to no why do americans right the date as 06/16/06
instead of puting the day first 16/06/06.

jason :help:
Why don't you drive on the right side of the road?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Probably because that's how we're used to saying it.

For instance, if I had a dentist appointment, Id say " I have an appoitment on June 16, 2006"

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
BurlyShirley said:
Probably because that's how we're used to saying it.

For instance, if I had a dentist appointment, Id say " I have an appoitment on June 16, 2006"
Dentist appointment? Don't confuse him with terms an Englishman has never heard of:rofl:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Westy said:
Would you actually say 2006? Do you plan your appointments that far in advance?
Well, no, it's usually implied, but for the sake of argument...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
ukjason said:
He also ask's why do you call a mobile phone a cell phone
Some call it a mobile phone. But that could be meant to be a mobile (as in car) phone from the early 90's too.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
ukjason said:
why dont you drive on the left side of the road

This I read about. As most people are right-handed (no offense Zark), if you are on the left side of the road and draw your sword, the blade is placed for immediate use, you don't have to reposition your feet before engaging.

As to the date, no freakin' clue

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Upg8r said:
This I read about. As most people are right-handed (no offense Zark)...
None taken, the world isn't built for us lefties, I'm used to it:rofl:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Upg8r said:
This I read about. As most people are right-handed (no offense Zark), if you are on the left side of the road and draw your sword, the blade is placed for immediate use, you don't have to reposition your feet before engaging.

As to the date, no freakin' clue
while you're drawing your sword with the proper hand, we in this country have already emptied a clip and are popping in another.

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
dhbuilder said:
while you're drawing your sword with the proper hand, we in this country have already emptied a clip and are popping in another.

And because of that attitude so many young americans have died from the growing gun culture

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
The type of wireless communication that is most familiar to mobile phones users. Called "cellular" because the system uses many base stations to divide a service area into multiple "Cells". Cellular calls are transferred from base station to base station as a user travels from cell to cell.

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
douglas said:
The type of wireless communication that is most familiar to mobile phones users. Called "cellular" because the system uses many base stations to divide a service area into multiple "Cells". Cellular calls are transferred from base station to base station as a user travels from cell to cell.
Dam you smart

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Westy said:
I can't imagine living in a world where the term "too much junk in the trunk" didn't make sense.
Too much rubbish in the boot.

Yeah, that makes no sense at all. I do like rubbish though...Especially when thinking of what a trunk is to us...

I gotta do some work...!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
ukjason said:
And because of that attitude so many young americans have died from the growing gun culture
if it wasn't guns.
then the little punks would be driving up and down the road with their swords drawn, jousting each other to death. (seeing as how we drive on the right, they would be going at it driver to driver.)

oh man, i think i just came up with a new reality show for the speed channel.
i think it would beat the tar out of drifting.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
riverside73 said:
I assumed that everyone was born right-handed, and only us really gifted were able to overcome that. :rolleyes:
:stupid: only us lefties are in our right minds.;)
Yeah yeah....before you all roll your eyes about that sad left hander joke, it was either that or "I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrious"