Quantcast

A question of a completely different nature.......

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
So Happy T-day to the RM!!!

Since I'm off today, part of my time was spent out visiting Alaina. Lied down next to her, and talked for a while, telling her how much I'm thankful that she is a part of my life. After a bit, the family of the 1-week-old that's about 2-3 spots from Alaina came out to visit him. Their spot is along my "path" (daily visits tend to leave foot prints, ya know?), and I don't want to interrupt their time. I take the long way to the car, they are also leaving, and off we go our separate ways.

Here's my question-- Would I have been intruding had I introduced myself and showed my support for their loss? I feel one's time out at a cemetery is very personal and private, and I don't want to invade that time/space. Yet I do understand the pain of their loss, and a few words may be all they would need to know someone else understands the pain.

What say you, collective gang of all things knowledgeable????

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I have no basis for an opinion other than gut feeling, but I think you handled it perfectly.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's best to let them do their own thing.

My brother Tommy (made it a week) is next to a little girl who made it a little less, but passed on the same day. My folks eventually got to know to parents of the other child, but it was YEARS (at least 10) before they even spoke. They were never good friends, but they did talk during visits.